conversion of E350 centurion van to diesel

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 05:57 PM
cliff_m_b
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At uk-krewzer

I see where you stated that you are going to swap a Cummins into your Cabriolet Van/Truck. I am also considering doing this conversion to mine. If you are intersted in sharing ideas and lessons learned please contact me.

Old 01-22-2012, 02:02 PM
uk-krewzer
New User
yer no problem, ive already started mine, infact the cummins is in complete with the allison box. at the moment im making the gearbox crossmember ive done the one for engine, the props been cut it just needs welding and balancing. i had to cut a piece out of the sump on the cummins because of the front suspension crossmember to get it to sit were i wanted. i have put a few pics on fourdoorbronco under "89 cabriolet" let me know how you get on.

Old 01-24-2012, 03:58 PM
cliff_m_b
New User
@ uk-krewzer,

Thank you for the reply. I tried to find your pics but was unable to locate, any help streering me to the right place to see you pics would be appreciated. Did you move your engine forward? I plan on moving mine a few inches to get off the "dog house", also plan on going with marine cummins engine parts such as the water cooled exhaust manifold and water cooled turbo housing to help with heat related issues. I have found a fiberglass company that makes fiberglass fenders and hoods for the older E-350 and plan on getting a pair of the fiberglass fenders so I can lengthen them a few inches in front of the tires to make up for the distance of moving everything forward and the larger radiator to carry the extra heat load for the water cooled turbo housing and exhuast manifold.

Cliff

Old 01-25-2012, 03:17 PM
uk-krewzer
New User
hay cliff it sounds like your really going for it dude, all sounds good, i like the way your thinking about the marine engine and the benefits it might bring being water cooled but why do you think your going to have heat problems with the engine. it will be interesting to see how it pans out let me know. ive moved my engine back as far as i could without having to much of an impact on the cabin area, i didnt want to much weight forward of the suspension clip incase it caused handling problems. i hope thats gonna give me enough room for the radiator. ive got to figure out how to mount the intercooler because that wont mount up front. to view mine go to fourdoorbronco, then go onto the forum page. once on their scroll down to the heading cruiser/cabriolet conversions click on it and you will open the page, mines "engine swap" and the one below "89 cabriolet" can you add some pics so i can have a look at what youve got. cheers buddy.