2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New S/T- PROBLEMS

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2004, 02:00 PM
Mark S/T
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down New S/T- PROBLEMS

Bought a new S/T two weeks ago. Turned it into the dealer this past Tuesday for 1)Check engine light constantly on and 2) Loud hissing sound on acceleration-(earlier post).
Went to pick it up today-- They fixed hissing- Leak in the pipe under the manifold, New computer module put in- original one defective- causing the engine light to stay on.
I took it out for a test drive when I got there. It would not shift out of fourth plus no real acceleration. Took it right back and had the service manager drive it. It did even worse. Left it at the dealer. When I called later I was told the catalytic converter got too much fuel and "fused"." That was the problem ,and the transmission checked out alright."
Now it'll be Monday or Tuesday before it'll be ready- they have to order a new cat converter. I've spoken to the New truck manager (GM wasn't there) to express my feelings about all this-- "He's going to check into it and get back with me."--- We'll see...
I bought the Sports Trac after looking at all the other options out there, loved the look and versatility. I traded in a 2000 Ranger 4x4 I loved 'cause I needed more people capacity... Now I'm starting to regret it.