1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dissatisfied Super Duty Owners

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2001, 05:01 AM
tinman_r75
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why don't you get a life

Old 05-05-2001, 11:04 AM
dave thomas
Junior User

Dear Mr. Maniac,
This is my first time on the site and tinman is right. I have read the postings and the majority of the posting on this site are from people that have problems with their trucks. Why do you act with the authority to chastize him, He was only stating his own opinion and not comming down on anyone like you are. Should you ever read my posts please try not to burn me too. I think you need to tell him you are sorry and get rid of any pent up aggressions you have and try not to do it to anyone else too.
Thank you Dave Thomas.

Old 05-07-2001, 10:18 AM
fishing_maniac
Junior User

Dear Mr. Thomas,
As a new poster on this site, you should realize that these posts contain information pertinent to specific concerns/problems some people are having with their trucks. I, as the Tinman, have our points of view. I did not 'chatise' or scorn anyone. I merely pointed out that generalizations should not be made about all Super Duty's. If you read the sites, some people state that Super Duty's are lemons; a very general statement would you not agree?

On the other hand, was the comment "get a life" necessary? Again, everyone is entitled to their opinion. However, I can not state my success with my truck? Who has the instilled anger? I was not attacking the Tinman. However, his interpretation of my post was perceived that way.

Tinman, I realize that you are upset about your truck. I would be too! I guess I was just frustrated at reading all of the negative comments. I really wish you luck and hope that your next truck of what ever brand is a better one.
Tim

Old 05-07-2001, 01:39 PM
bam bam
New User

Hey I have a F-350 CC, SRW SD Diesel, and have the dreaded knock-Cackle. I have been to the FORD DSB and am going back again. Next I will be filing a Lemon Law complaint. Ford said the long # 8 injector would fix the problem but it did not and now my low end power is gone, but not the knock. Good to see I am not the only one. This is my forth Ford but it will be the last. Too bad...now my intercooler if filling up with oil because they designed the crank case to vent into the intake...who knows what is happening to the turbo...but if I could keep the bolts in I would be a at least less peeved...

Old 05-27-2001, 08:47 PM
KeithWVeren
New User

What are the problems?

Old 05-29-2001, 12:59 AM
bigsuperduty
New User

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 29-May-01 AT 02:15 AM (EST)[/font][p][font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 29-May-01 AT 02:07 AM (EST)[/font]

oh yah theres a bright one

trade in something worthwile, for a Dodge

yah boy,after only 15 months i could show u a service file 4" thick from my 98 dodge "RAM"........right, more like a goat

amazingly, i have had no problems with my 2000 Superduty....Strange

part of ur problem is u bought a first year production vehicle. hundereds of changes have been made between 99 and 2000-2001 model year in superduty. the 2001 will be a better vehicle for you

ps out of the 15 months i regretfully owned that piece of crap dodge, it was in the shop for 51 days, for 17 different problems. i guess dodges are good in a sense that you will put all the miles on rental trucks, not yours.

Old 05-29-2001, 02:20 AM
tinman_r75
Junior User

was your dodge a first year production? Are you saying all 99 super duty owners should go out and trade up. Maybe we have better things to do with our money instead of worrying about buying a new truck or throwing money into a hole. That is what boats are for. As far as producing vehicles I think Ford has been at it for about 100 years now. So what should we do with these lemons? Don't get me wrong I like the truck and will keep it and not buy a boat. Eventually after enough cash I will have a newer vehicle than yours. Good luck and happy motoring.

Old 05-29-2001, 09:48 AM
bam bam
New User

If your having that much trouble with your Ford...you need to contact the DSB (dispute settlement board) They will send you a form to fill out an you may get Ford to buy you truck back. That is what I am doing....

DSB:
Dispute Settlement Board
PO Box 5120
Southfield Michigan 48086-5120
800-688-2429

If that dosent work...then persue the Lemon Law. Your DSB claim will help your Lemon Law claim. In some states its required before you file a Lemon Law Clain.

Good luck you all you Lemon owners...I just hope mine goes back...so I can buy a new Dodge HO...

Old 05-29-2001, 01:24 PM
tinman_r75
Junior User

Bam Bam
Thanks for the info. If more people would be like you, this site would go a long way. There are quite a few people on here that can comment but offer no solution but can call you stupid if you are dissatisfied because you have a problem with major components such as the engine and rear end. Real peace of mind as you are trailering the Rockies 2000 miles from home.
Happy and safe motoring to you. Should I ever see you along the road in need of help I would be sure to stop.
Tinman

Old 06-03-2001, 08:35 PM
trukman1
New User

Posting this in efforts to help out two friends...both have F-350 Super Duty Diesel pickups. One has gone through 3 flexplates in one year, the other 3 transmissions in two years. Is this common with these trucks? Both take excellent care of their trucks and are responsible drivers who do not abuse their vehicles. Seems odd, two friends, two trucks, TOO many problems. BTW, both are 4X4's...and both are usually in the shop for repairs of one sort or another. These tranny problems are just the biggest problems. "Lemon law" looms for Ford from both if this keeps up!

Old 06-04-2001, 10:05 AM
bam bam
New User

Try the DSB first...that will usually solve the problem. If that dosent work most states require arbritration first. So if you do the DSB first..that fulfills that requirement. Yes, there are too many problems to list here but Trany problems on at the top of the list. There are several TSB's out on problems that the dealer should know about.

Old 06-06-2001, 07:02 AM
mjs
Junior User

I think I am moving into the dissatisfied owner category now. I have put up with some of the problems in the past 10 years, but I am getting fed up.

1. 90 Ranger - 4 sets of auto hubs, other minor problems
2. 92 F150 - 2 sets auto hubs, 1 transmissions, other minor
3. 94 F150 - 2 sets auto hubs, constant brake problem( at
dealer 13 times)
4. 98 Explorer - Cam chain tensioner, leaking intake, brake problems, new engine installed at 35,000 miles, rear pinion seal leaking, work out slip yoke/bad driveshaft
4. 99 F250 SD - 1 set auto hubs, brake problems
5. 01 F250 - 1 set auto hubs, leaking vacuum seals, severely out of balance drive shaft, engine smokes and floods out on startup, also intermittant vibration issues that the dealer/Ford is unwilling to acknowlede.

It is bad enough that a $30,000 truck is plagued with problems, but when Ford and the delaer will not stand behind the problem, that really makes it frustrating.

One fine example of this was last October, the dealer told me that this intermittant vibration problem was due to a vibration through the exhaust system. They told me that this was a know problem and that a new Y pipe was being released. This Y pipe supposedly had a built in flex pipe to dampen vibration. The dealer told me that the part was ordered and would be there in 2 weeks. So, I called every month to check on the part and every time, I was told that it would be there any day. Finally in April, the dealer told me that there is and never was a new part.
I asked them who lied to me? They would not say. So, I decided to swap the muffler for a single in dual out flowmaster to see if that would help( Ya, I wanted to do it anyway). No change. Went back to the dealer and they said they would put a flex pipe in the exhaust, but now I "modified" they exhaust and now that was the problem. I asked them how modifying the exhaust last week, caused the problems I had for the last 6 months? Especially after thay told me it ws a known problem with a fix!

Frustrated MJS

Old 06-11-2001, 01:15 AM
tinman_r75
Junior User

keep after them Good luck!!!!!!!!!!! I just had the pinion seal and the alternator replaced on my Big Truck with 39000 miles but I had to pay for these myself. My service manager just invited me to his boys graduation because we became good friends through my repair processes. I hope that Mr. Maniac doesn't get on my case again.

Old 06-11-2001, 01:19 AM
tinman_r75
Junior User

Oh I forgot, I was warned bad things would happen after the warranty was over. I thought they were crazy when they said that. But now I know better and i still hope that Mr Maniac still doesn't try to get Me!!!!!!

Old 06-12-2001, 12:20 PM
fishing_maniac
Junior User

Gee Tinman, guess who???
So who warned you that bad things were going to happen after the warranty has expired?? I would like to meet this person so that he/she can 'predict' which team will win the World Series; I could make a fortune!

Seriously, anyone who makes that bold of statement is blowing smoke! Remember, anyone who works at a dealer service department will only see the problems in any brand not the majority of good ones. For example, my brother works for one of the Big Three and continually tells me that certain vehicles are junk but as he admitts, he only works on the problems. Sure, certain components in any brand may have problems( remember the GM 700R4 Tranny?).

Since our little bantering from before, I have still had no problems! I really am at a loss as of why you are having so many problems and with so many different parts. A pinion seal? Alternator? Personally, if you can afford it, trade it in quick!
If not, I would investigate your states' Lemon Laws or write letters of protest to all the major magazines.

I wish you luck with your truck! As for that swami, or fortune teller.....how do the Blue Jays look????
Tim

Quick Reply: Dissatisfied Super Duty Owners