General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Running away

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2004, 08:58 AM
wezol5484
Postmaster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Running away

Last night my girlfriend got into a big fight with her step-mom and her step mom slapped her. We had plans that night to get a movie and watch it at my house but at about 430 I got a call saying that she got in trouble and wasnt going to be able to come over. So about 10 mins after that I left to go grab a bite to eat. I was almost to Sonic when I got a call on my cell. My g/f's number popped up and I was expecting it to be her, it wasnt. Her step mom had informed me that my g/f had just run away and was asking if I knew where she was, I told her no and she asked me if she think shed go to my house and I said doubtfull cause its 3 miles away and its raining and my g/f dont drive. So I pulled a u-turn and drove around to start lookin for her, I was really worried because it was already raining and it was about to really start storming. So I decided to start driving to my house, but I was going to drive the same route that she would take if walking to my house just in case. Well i was almost home and my mom called me and told me that she was at my house. I sped home and she stayed here for about an hour before her mom came to my house and got her. Her mom was really really mad, as expected. Her mom called me and told me that we were not going to be allowed to date anymore because of the trouble shes in, she said its nothing agianst me and that I was a great b/f and that stuff. Im really bummed about all this cause things had just started going really great again. I was wondering if any of yall have been in situations like this with your girlfriends. Have you ever had any of them run away to you and if so what happened in the end?
Sorry for the long post.
Dylan

Old 03-03-2004, 09:14 AM
couleeman
Posting Guru
First I am going to assume you both are still in High School, or just out considering you both are living at home still.

I had a girlfriend that her mom would not let her out of the house unless it was with me. She was always getting in trouble. I have a talent for sweet talking so to speak so her mom really liked me.

Word of advice, if you are not very serious about the girl, your young and don't need the hassle right now. Go have some fun.

If you are serious about the girl, talk to her parents and see if some sort of arangement can be made for you to still see her. For example, watch movies at her house, or group dates.

Anyway, not to lighten the subject, when my wife was delivering my son, my ex's mom was the nurse in the delivery room. She even told my wife that she was getting a heck of a guy. Boy did I ever have her fooled.

Old 03-03-2004, 09:22 AM
jeffthompson
Elder User
The answer depends on your ages.

Old 03-03-2004, 09:28 AM
wezol5484
Postmaster

Your right couleeman, Im 17 and shes 16, shes home schooled. I drive she doesnt. I dont know if I should move on or wait until I find out how long shes gonna be grounded. We're not serious I do like her a lot and it will be hard to just move on. Itd be different if we got into a big fight and broke up or somthin like that, but we didnt. It was moms word that said she wouldnt be allowed to date me.
Dylan

Old 03-03-2004, 09:33 AM
jeffthompson
Elder User
Step Mom sounds a little out of control.

But what can you do until she moves out besides wait- if you want to.

Old 03-03-2004, 09:37 AM
couleeman
Posting Guru
Originally posted by wezol5484
I dont know if I should move on or wait until I find out how long shes gonna be grounded. We're not serious I do like her alot and it will be hard to just move on. Itd be different if we got into a big fight and broke up or somthin like that, but we didnt. It was moms word that said she wouldnt be aloud to date me.
Dylan
Sounds like it is at least worth a call to her mom to get everything cleared up. She may of been reacting the whole situation, and may of have time to re-think the events. At least you can tell her your opinion.

And if that doesn't work, not to sound ignorant or sexist, but there are always girls in your age bracket that will date someone with a vehicle and that can drive. Play the field, your young.

Old 03-03-2004, 09:49 AM
Huntsman
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would suggest waiting a few days and let things cool off, then give your girlfriend a call and see what triggered all the problems and go from there.

Old 03-03-2004, 10:21 AM
MisterCMK
Fleet Owner
Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
Parental units tend to over-react during a situation. They act on emotion, and make hasty decisions. All of them do, there are none that don't. Just wait a few days, and talk to her mom, and her and go from there.

Old 03-03-2004, 10:30 AM
rbohm
Senior User
yep, give it a few days for mom to cool off, then talk to mom about the situation. just remember to be real cool with mom cause otherwise she will ban you from seeing her daughter. mom will most likey ground the girl for a while but let you date her again after her sentence is up, again as long as you play it cool. get mom to set some ground rules about when you can at least talk to your girl so you dont lose her, but remind the gf that you want to see her, but that you need to follow moms rules to keep the peace.

Old 03-03-2004, 10:35 AM
wabiker
Posting Guru
...This too shall pass.

Old 03-03-2004, 10:38 AM
Smokem'
Senior User
I have been down that road, only it was nt a runaway but a father with a shotgun threatening me... LONG STORY

But if yo like the girl you should be careful and well thought out about the situation, but always remember to keep your options open.

They wouldn't have made a backburner if it weren't meant to be used.

Old 03-03-2004, 03:01 PM
wezol5484
Postmaster

Thanks for all the great suggestions. Im sposed to get a call from brittany sometime but I dont know when. She is spose to call to inform me that we will not be allowed to date any more...so when she calls Ill as what her punishment is and how long its going to last if she knows. Ill also see if I can talk to her mom after she calls.
Im kinda interested in the shotgun story smokem', if ya dont mind lol.

Old 03-03-2004, 04:07 PM
pipercub
Senior User
It's always about a girl! Cheer up man and be patient, it always works out one way or another!
It seems like a lot of girls have problems with their mothers and that seems like a shame because you only get one mom.

Old 03-03-2004, 04:28 PM
BuiltToughF250
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ok, im 21 now, when i was 17 my g/f was almost 16.

when we were not allowed to see each other, id just park up the street at night and she'd sneak out to my truck, and id drop her back off in the morning... im not suggesting you do this but... i dont think anyone should be told who they can / can not date, unless you are a bad guy.

if i were in your shoes right now id give it about a week to see if things smoot out, but if they dont... theirs always other fish in the sea.

good luck kid, its not the end of the world.

Old 03-03-2004, 07:56 PM
pipercub
Senior User
Originally posted by BuiltToughF250

when we were not allowed to see each other, id just park up the street at night and she'd sneak out to my truck, and id drop her back off in the morning.
Way to go man!

Quick Reply: Running away