1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

trde in my psd

Old 03-01-2004, 09:45 AM
Simon.V
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy trde in my psd

been without my psd for a week now because the only ford dealer in my area did not want to work on my truck because i did not buy it from them so the mechanic who has it is not familiar with psd so it is taking twice as long and costing more (over a grand now) to hopefully fix and replace the IDM (i hope hes right,?!?). So i am going to trade her in ,looked at the local ford dealer but they want $36000 for a stripped reg-cab 6.0psd with no plow on it xl package ,So with a heavy sigh i think i have to look at dodge with cummins and 6spd ex-cab.. dont want to do it but running out of options

Old 03-01-2004, 12:50 PM
Monsta
Sit. Stay.

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
That ISB Cummins and the 6-speed is a good combination. Is it he new 600 "pounder"?

Anything is better than dealing with an overpriced, inept service department! I'd drive a freakin' S10 instead!!

Old 03-01-2004, 02:13 PM
TN Hillbilly
Senior User
Re: trde in my psd

Originally posted by Simon.V
the only ford dealer in my area did not want to work on my truck because i did not buy it from them (
Thats strange, the way the stealership here gouges on service I would think any ford would be welcome.

Old 03-01-2004, 05:43 PM
Simon.V
New User
TN thats what i thought along with most peoples idea , but this dealership in upper new hampshire feels they have a captive market and are known in the area for" didn't buy it here we wont service it here".The only reason i might look at a dodge is because they are down the road from me , i have e-mailed ford but i imagine that i should have just talked to my dog for the same reaction i will expect from ford.well enough whining i still think ford make the best work truck (just the support that needs work!!)

Search this Thread