1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Keyless entry/door handles

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2001, 02:25 PM
LW555
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Keyless entry/door handles

I just picked up my new '02 F250 SD diesel yesterday. I like it! Sooooo much better than the POS Dodge that I'm getting rid of.
Anyway, my question is: The dealer gave me a 6-digit number for the Keyless entry system that I ordered, but there's no keypad on the truck, as described in the book. Do the '02 F-series come with the true keyless entry (i.e. numeric keypad), or is the "keyless" feature really just the keychain remote?
Also I noticed that the Excursions have color-matched door handles, does anyone know why they couldn't be ordered from the parts dept and installed on my F-250? I was thinking that they would look really nice.
Thanks all... I really like this board and read it all the time, even though this is my first post.

Old 12-16-2001, 05:16 PM
rotorhead
Senior User

Hey LW,

To my knowledge (admittedly not what it ought to be!!!!), the keyless entry you're referring to is simply the key chain remote, or as my 4 year old son calls it, "the abracadabra button!" He likes to say abracadabra and let me push the panic button, so he can make the horn blow!!! I don't know much about the excursion door handles, but it would certainly make sense to me that they could be retrofitted to a SD truck, as this is basically what the excursion is based on.

Somebody please correct me if i'm wrong!

Glad to have you posting, LW. I'm basically an automotive idiot, but nobody here has made me feel that way yet. My wife says i have an addictive disorder and that it's manifesting itself by my addiction to this website I tell her to be glad it's not booze and women!!!!

rotorhead

Old 12-17-2001, 09:59 AM
NoMo
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not sure what the number is for... the "Remote Keyless Entry" system doesn't use them. Perhaps they gave you the code by mistake?

You guys are correct about being able to install the Excursion door handles on a Super Duty. It's my understanding that they fit great.

Old 12-17-2001, 11:50 AM
busdriver1
Senior User