Sponsored by:

gas prices....UUUG!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2004, 08:55 PM
ANdrewdrice
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gas prices....UUUG!!!!

well, i am losing the battle with the rising price of gasoline. as a poor college kid, I cant afford too much in the way of gas, and its only getting worse. I live in a town where the roads dept. for the city all drive propane assist hybrid broncos. I tried to contact one of the people in the roads dept to find out where they got the hardware, but sadly it is impossible to get in touch with these busy (yeah right) people. Does anybody know of a site or place that I can contact to get some hardware for this, maybe even natural gas assist, or anything to ease the prices of gas. thanks
~andrew~

Old 02-25-2004, 09:36 PM
Corey872
Senior User
Sorry I don't know where you can get a kit...search the web, though I'm sure there are places that would have them.

But...have you priced propane lately? Last I saw it was at least equal if not more than the price of gasoline on a gallon / gallon basis. Then you need to take into account that a gallon of gas is about 112,000 to 114,000 BTU and a gallon of propane is only about 84,000 BTU. Throw in the price of a conversion kit and any savings quickly evaporate.

The other option (which I chose when gas spiked to $1.80 a couple years ago) is to get a "beater" car for daily driving and save the bronco for play time.

Old 02-25-2004, 10:28 PM
94Bronco58
Senior User
Yeah, here in SoCAl, and paid $2.23 a gallon yesterday, $30 got me a little over a quarter of a tank, now I know where my money's goin'!

Old 02-26-2004, 07:06 AM
fcarruth
Elder User
Get the phone number for their local garage. I would almost bet you that the garage manager would give you that info. I work for the State of Tn. Dept. of Trans. and our garage guy is great. I work in IT so we bust our butts. Yea right huh ?

Good luck,