General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Strange Electrical Field

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2004, 09:40 PM
Carlene
Admom
Received 188 Likes on 116 Posts
Strange Electrical Field

So, do any of you feel that you have some strange electrical field or a wierd aura hanging around? I do !!!!

Every printer I've ever had (home or work) only works sometimes, sometimes not at all and sometimes strangely. I can print something out, when it works, and it drops entire words and/or sentences. Put that same printer at someone elses computer and it works like a charm. Give me a different computer and it does the same things. Several times I've printed stuff that was online and it comes out not only printed backwards, but backwards and upside-down. I'm talking about taking what I'm typing now, completely reversing the wording, leaving the top of this typing where it is, but turning the letters upside-down in each word/sentence. Wierd Huh????

They won't even let me use the copy machine or fax at work anymore. Every time I do, they break. My computer's even done some things our tech guy's never seen before. After 2 days he fixed it, but doesn't know what he did. The problem was that anything with the word Explore or Explorer would not work, but I could still see our network and check my email.

I'm beginning to get a complex.

It's kinda fun though.

Old 02-17-2004, 09:48 PM
astrotaz
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess me too a little. I have to have my wife tune in radio stations because the radio goes crazy when I go near it, but that is for all radios ( execept for car radios)....

Old 02-17-2004, 10:14 PM
modru2004
Elder User
its has something to do with how electrolyisis in your body is different i think. somepeople can't wear watches and etc because of this. its makes em stop working . while i don't expierence anything like what you two discribed i have experienced some odd occurences. i can sort of.........."sense" electronics to an extent. for example a tv can be on mute across the house and i will know its on with out ever have been in that room all day. i don't know if i so much hear it as i do sense it. another time i had an old monitor i used to use that didn' tlike certain resolution and refresh rate combos and this "noise" would be the result, it would drive me nuts, thankfully i got rid of that monitor. i asked other people why that noise didn't bother them and they are like, what noise? it was pretty "loud" to me. but i don't know if i was really hearing it or if it was like the electronics sense thing.

edit: i also noticed that i tend to have an effect on radio reception, but its not consistent, sometimes i make it clearer, sometimes i cause interference. but i thought this was true with most people?

Old 02-17-2004, 10:20 PM
Carlene
Admom
Received 188 Likes on 116 Posts
Glad you mentioned watches - I can only wear ones with stainless steel backing or else I have to have a leather band between me and the watch. Otherwise, they run slower, faster and sometimes the wrong way.

Man, it really is me - ain't it......

Old 02-17-2004, 10:36 PM
hreed
Posting Guru
I haven't experienced it personally, but I have noticed it about you. Why does my computer quit working???

Old 02-17-2004, 10:40 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I make street lights go out. Dunno why - they just do.
And sometimes light bulbs in the house just POP - even if they are new.

When walking by radios, the reception is all staticky for want of a better description....

It depends on my mind set, if I'm in a mood it works like that....

What can I tell you?

You are tapped into something you don't know how to control and which affects things around you in observable ways?

Now thats helpful, isn't it....

*shrugs*

You are sensitive - to what I don't know. How to control it I don't know. I don't even really know how to define it except as paranormal. As in "outside the realm of what is explained by modern science".

And you are not the only one who experiences this type of thing.

But it isn't something spoken of, who the hell would believe it?

Last edited by Greywolf; 02-17-2004 at 10:55 PM.
Old 02-17-2004, 11:06 PM
astrotaz
Freshman User
I usually wear a digital watch because all normal watches just stop, it is kinda weird. As far as you saying you sense electricity, I don't know how, but I can always tell when there is a power outage. The lights can be off, every thing can be off and not running but if the power goes out, I am then setting straight up in bed. I guess that it almost feels like a board hitting something and making a loud noise, but you dont hear anything. I dont know, but I ways thought that it was interesting...

Old 02-17-2004, 11:16 PM
peppy
Postmaster
Oxymoron.............."Microsoft Works."

Maybe its a short between the seat and keyboard.

I knew a guy who couldnt wear anolog watches becuase is body would magnetize the watch to the point of not working. He thought that made him odd. We all knew he was odd without the watch thing.

Old 02-17-2004, 11:32 PM
AegisSailor
Elder User
You know Carlene, I used to think my mother was truley nuts because she has always swore up and down that she couldn't wear watches because "something in her skin" made them stop working.

You're the only other person I've ever heard say that. Either my mother's not crazy after all.

Or, maybe your a mother yourself, which would prove my theory that ALL mothers are crazy!

Old 02-18-2004, 12:20 AM
gkbid
Senior User
I'm jinxed when it comes to lightbulbs. Seems like every other time I go to turn one on the bulb blows. Doesn't matter if it's at the wall switch or the lamp... go figure?

Old 02-18-2004, 12:38 AM
Timken
Senior User
My Granny can't wear a wrist watch, it will just stop....she has to carry it in her pocket.........?.......

Old 02-18-2004, 03:45 AM
Mike W
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There are people known as "rust people". If they touch bare steel, it will start to rust. A precision guage company would check new employees by having then handle metal objects. If they were rusted the next day, the new hires had to wear gloves. Maybe you are an a electron emitter.

Old 02-19-2004, 02:44 AM
Jimmy Dean
Postmaster
I have a problem with clocks going backwards, maybe only a few ticks at a time, but it is annoying. I never wear watches so I have no idea, if I have a watch it is a pocket watch I prefer. My dad cant wear wrist watches I know. I have problems tryin to tune in radios, and my CB....anyhting that I am within 5 feet of the antenna basically.
I have actually been able to control this 'energy' once. Took alot out of me also. Was rather weird to say the least. basically like a continues spark between hands held about 1-2 inches apart...kinda like the size of a spark from static electricity.....felt like that almost also. Lasted maybe a second and dissapeared.....

Old 02-19-2004, 02:50 AM
Mike W
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Have you tried to bend a spoon Jimmy?

Old 02-19-2004, 03:04 AM
Jimmy Dean
Postmaster
Hmmm.....now I have somehting to do later today.

Quick Reply: Strange Electrical Field