2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need to Vent

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2004, 02:37 PM
mikeyh
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Need to Vent

I want to apologize right know for this, I just need to vent.
I know that I have not waited as long as some others to hear something about my order, but I am getting angry.
I ordered a F150 Heritage on December 01, 2003 through Exchange New Car Sales(ENCS), dealership on Military bases, and have not received any information on my order. No vin, no build date, no nothin'.
I do not care about waiting for what I want, I just can't stand not knowing anything about it.
I have emailed Ford customer service and they keep sending me the ENCS to get any information. Then I call ENCS and Ford has not given them any status. I am tired of getting the runaround. I have to deal with that at work for the Military.
I hopefully will know something soon.

Thanks guys for letting me vent.

Mike
"Virginia Redneck"

Old 02-13-2004, 04:05 PM
DaParm
Junior User
Mike, I too am a military member who uses the exchange car sales. I have a F150 XLT SCREW on order due for pick up in Virginia Beach in October 2004. If you have an ENCS Buyer's Offer you will note in paragraph B (on page four, at least for me) that your order acceptance will be mailed to you 30 days after the sales representative receives your offer and deposit or within 90 days of your delivery date, whichever is later. I believe they hold the order in New York until one of the before mentioned stipulations are satisfied. Question is how long ago did you order your truck and when is the delivery scheduled for? Maybe you could email Karen Tooker at KTooker@militarycars.com and ask her if she can help you out. By the way I'm in London.

Old 02-14-2004, 10:53 AM
mikeyh
New User
DaParm,

Thanks for the reply. At least there is someone in a similar boat as me.
I have spoken with Karen four or five times and I receive my order acceptance at the beginning of January. By contract the truck is not due to port of embarkation until 31 March 04. Anything after that date, I get compensation of $150.00 a week with a ceiling of $450.00.
Again I know that I have to wait, I would just like to know some status good or bad.
ENCS agents and staff have always been helpful and from what I understand, it is Ford holding up the status.

I have waited over 17 years to have the cash and available credit to order a full size truck not some little toy. This is another reason for my anticipation and stress. I know, when it is said and done, that the wait will be well worth it.

I am stationed in Vicenza, Italy and have been here for 12 years and counting. Hopefully will final be stateside next year.

Mike
"Virginia Redneck"

Old 02-14-2004, 08:55 PM
SQCRUSE
Freshman User
I too used the ENCS through the military on my 2004 FX4 Supercrew. I was lucky and found the truck on there "HOT SHEET". It was already built and waiting in Southern California. I had them ship it up to Northern California for me and I piked it up 23Dec03 (nice Christmas present to me). Just hang in there mikeyh and ENCS will treat you right.

Old 02-17-2004, 04:40 PM
Harrski
Junior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I bought a Mustang from Militray Sales back in 97 when I was in Panama. there were no floor mats and I was told they would get them to me. Right. After talking to everyone about it and not getting any results I went to the base IG office to see what I could do because they were located on Base. I found out that AAFES has an IG branch and military sales was part of AAFES. One call to AAFES IG, problem solved. I got the mats within a week.

Old 02-17-2004, 08:07 PM
SQCRUSE
Freshman User
GOOD INFO FOR US MILITARY FOLKS!

Old 02-18-2004, 01:13 AM
mikeyh
New User
Well, I received a call from my ENCS agent stating that I have a build date of 23 Feb 04. She also said that she had my vin, but when I went by yesterday, she was to busy and told me I would receive it in the mail.
I do not like that answer, so I am going by today and stand in her office till I receive it. If she does not want to give it to me, I will call New York and if they are not helpful, I will call the AAFES IG.
Again, I would like to thank you guys for letting me vent some. I know that some others have waiting longer and have had bigger problems, but this forum helps keep me sain.

Mike
"Virginia Redneck"

Old 02-18-2004, 01:33 AM
mikeyh
New User
Just minutes after I wrote my last reply, my agent emailed me the vin.
Maybe things might be going the right way now.

Mike
"Virginia Redneck"

Old 02-18-2004, 01:20 PM
DaParm
Junior User
That's great news! Looks like I'll be moving my acceptance date back to November or even December because I am being screwed once again by good ole' Uncle Sam. I will probably be stuck overseas for a few months longer than planned.