West Virginia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: 5_labsownus

Hatfield-McCoy Trail System.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2004, 02:16 AM
MountainHound
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Post Hatfield-McCoy Trail System.....

Anybody ever go there in southern WV to ride ATVs or dirtbikes?

Supposedly they're planning to add 4x4 truck/jeep trails in the future but so far I haven't seen any info. I go there a few times a year for atvs and it's a blast.

I was just thinking how much fun it would be to have a meet somehere in WV where we could do some soft-core 4 wheeling in an area where it was legal and fairly safe. I have access to some private land but no idea where we could do anything like that for a group...without getting arrested!

Those guys out west have it made with all the public 4x4 parks/trails out there. I read about places like Moab, Rubicon trail, Glamis etc and it sounds great. Maybe not...I'd probably trash my pickup and go home in a rental car.

Old 03-16-2004, 06:43 PM
fitter565
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mountainhound, I've heard of the trails but have never been to them YET! I think it would be great to get some of us together and do alittle riding. I have a Honda Rancher AT with only 150 miles on it, ready to put some more on the ol bike. So if you figure something out let me know!!!!!

Fitter

Old 05-05-2004, 07:49 PM
xbanone
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been there twice in the last year, i love it and will go back many times, i ride a suzuki 400z sportquad.....its a great place and friendly people!

Brady

Old 05-06-2004, 04:19 AM
MountainHound
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I was there for a weekend last month and am going to make at least two more trips over the summer. Supposedly they are opening up the 5th section this spring. I think it going to be called Pinnacle Rock.

I agree with you-never had a bad experience-everyone is friendly and the trails are awesome!