Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Michigan Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Michigan Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: just another truck

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-09-2004, 08:19 PM
New User

wirenutleo is starting off with a positive reputation.
Angry F-250, 93, wont start

my 93 F-250 didnt want to start this morning, when i got home from work, still nothing ( thought the mechanics feries would come by) . any way the lights came on, turn the key and click is all i get at the relay on the fender wall. got a jump, started right up. went to Advanced Auto and had battery checked, it was low on charge so they charged it, checked it,it checks good. and then checked my altinator,, that is putting out 14.67 volts, the problem still excist. so i replaced the $ 8.oo starter solonoid ( the one on the fender) and still no luck. what is up with this thing? Any help will be wonderful

thanks

leo
wirenutleo@yahoo.com
Old 02-10-2004, 05:36 AM
Elder User

Jimjdb1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Leo;

There are a number of things that can cause this problem. I will list some in no reasonable order.

I am going to assume that you have checked the battery connections and they are clean and tight. If not do that the very first thing. If they are not clean, tight and corrosion free then you will never get it to start.

First check and make sure the starter is tight and that all the connections are clean and tight.

If that doesn't help, pull the starter and have it checked.

On a side note, you could have a weak battery and a slightly draging starter. Each in itself would not cause a problem but the 2 combined can.

Again, I would check the connections and starter tightness first, that won't cost you anything.

I will keep an eye here to see how you make out. Let us know.

Jim
Old 02-10-2004, 07:16 PM
New User

wirenutleo is starting off with a positive reputation.
Talking

hey, just want to let you all know, that it now starts!! i replaced the starter solonoid ( the one on the fender) repaced battery cables, they looked ok, but what the heck. I also had to replace the starter, it was the orig. and the truck has 159k on it. everything is A O Kay now!! thanks for your help.
Old 02-10-2004, 07:16 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Michigan Chapter

Tags
93, f250, start, wont