1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"P" button

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2004, 01:53 PM
davidwruth
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"P" button

A friend of mine just bought a 2004 f250 and there is a button beside the 4wd selector switch with a p on it. Does anybody know what that button is for

Old 02-09-2004, 02:17 PM
HerbertKornfeld
Senior User
It turns off the rear sensor when he is backing up.

Old 02-09-2004, 02:41 PM
davidwruth
New User
sorry for my ignorance but my 03 f350 does not have that. what is the rear sensor for

Old 02-09-2004, 04:10 PM
rshober
Senior User
Originally posted by davidwruth
sorry for my ignorance but my 03 f350 does not have that. what is the rear sensor for
An available option is the reverse back-up sensor...starts beeping at you when you're fixin' to crush one of those obnoxious scooter cars; the ones that get within 5 inches of your rear bumper where you can't see them. If your backing up with a trailer attached, you can shut off the beeping by pushing the "P". A great option for the mighty SD...worth the money.
Bert

Old 02-09-2004, 04:13 PM
Shadow Hills Super Duty
Junior User
It's 4 sensors in the bumper that detect approximate distance to an object behind you. When engaged ( or on ) the vehichle will beep and the faster it beeps the closer you are getting to the object. That being said the "P' button will allow you to bypass the sensors but it is my understanding that you must bypass it each time reverse is engaged as it resets itself automatically. Mine is after market and can be hard bypassed. Like when your towing a trailer or even when your tailgate is down the sensors think that you are close to an object and constantly are beeping.

Old 02-21-2004, 06:46 AM
BaadFowd
New User
Originally posted by Shadow Hills Super Duty
It's 4 sensors in the bumper that detect approximate distance to an object behind you. When engaged ( or on ) the vehichle will beep and the faster it beeps the closer you are getting to the object. That being said the "P' button will allow you to bypass the sensors but it is my understanding that you must bypass it each time reverse is engaged as it resets itself automatically. Mine is after market and can be hard bypassed. Like when your towing a trailer or even when your tailgate is down the sensors think that you are close to an object and constantly are beeping.
--------------- Shadow Hills Super Duty --------- who makes your after market reverse sensor and how much did it cost - also - is it worth it - does it really work good - Thanks in advance - BaadFowd