Explorer, Sport Trac, Mountaineer & Aviator 1991-1994, 1995-2001, 2002-2005, 2006-2010 Ford Explorer

Ford Explorer Keyless Remote Programing

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2004, 04:27 PM
jack3
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford Explorer Keyless Remote Programing

I'm new at this so bear with me.. I recently picked up a used remote for my 94 ford explorer. the FCC ID: GQ43VT4T DOC:1470 K763 is the same as the old one that I accidently destroyed but it doesn't work.. A friend at the senior center told me that I have to program it for my car.
Question.. Where can I obtain a program guide to do this ? There is nothing on this listed in my owners manual.

I would sure appreciate any help that you could send my way.

Thank You; JACK2001 Camry Keyless Remote Programming
1. Start with
a. No key in ignition
b. Driver's door unlocked
c. All other doors locked
d. Driver's door open
2. Insert key into ignition and remove
3. Press lock, pause, unlock (2 second total cycle) 5 times
4. Close, then open driver's door
5. Repeat lock, pause, unlock cycle 5 additional times
6. Insert key into ignition and turn from lock to "on" two
times (pause in
each location 1 second). (note: "ON" not accessory position)
7. Remove key from ignition
Locks should cycle twice. If not, start over.
8. Press lock and unlock buttons on transmitter
simultaneously for 1-2
seconds then release
9. Press lock and unlock buttons on transmitter again
simultaneously
for 1-2 seconds then release
10.Press lock alone for 1 second, then release
Locks should cycle once
11. Close Driver's door to exit program mode.
If you want to program more than one remote, repeat steps 8 - 10 with the second remote before finishing with #11.

Good luck! I had to try this many times before I got the
timing down
right. Go slower on each step rather than faster and you
will have
better luck.

Old 02-12-2004, 02:03 AM
jack3
New User
94 Explorer keyless remote programming !!

I tried your method witk no luck,however I did get an excellent reply from another site. KSEE24.com Tony Pasco emailed me the following method... I shortened it and made it a bit easier to understand.

I'm assuming that this system only works for the 91 - 94 series but I'm not sure.

Inside the left rear compartment " where the Jack is stored" taped to a wire bundle just behind the filler tube for the rear window washer bottle. You will find a 2-pin connector unplugged and just taped there. Check the wire color to be sure ... should be gray / yellow and white / yellow.

TURN ON THE INGITION

Momentarly short these 2 pins " I used a pair of small needle nose pliers". The doors will lock and unlock.. then press any button on your remote and the doors will lock / unlock again ... Repeat ... pressing another remote button...for up to 4 remotes

TURN OFF THE INGITION you're in business!!!

This worked great for me,, I bought the vehicle used with only a single key.. I bought 2 remotes on E-BAY $14.50 and $17 .

Thanks for your reply.. Just thought that I would include what worked for me.. even if it was from another web site...

Old 02-12-2004, 12:39 PM
96explorereddieb
Senior User
Here's an even easier way:
  • Gather all your remotes that you are going to program for your truck (4 total)
  • Make sure all the doors and liftgate glass are closed and unlocked
  • Turn the ignition key from the "OFF" position to the "ON" position without starting the engine 5 times. Your door locks will lock then unlock, signaling that you're in programming mode.
  • Press any buttons on the first remote within 5 seconds. The door locks will lock then unlock, signaling that the remote has been programmed
  • Repeat the process until you're done with all the remotes
  • Turn the ignition off and test the remotes by pressing any buttons on the remote
This list of precedures are for '93-'97 Ford vehicles with stock keyless entry/alarm systems. '98-present Ford vehicles are similar, but you have to cycle the ignition switch 8 times instead of 5 times.

But good job on getting it to work!!

Old 02-12-2004, 02:21 PM
borland
Senior User
Just bought a 2002XLT. The owners only could find one key and one remote. The truck has the factory driver door keypad, but came with an aftermarket remote. The owners manual discusses the keypad as a separate feature than the remote entry.

I was wondering if I can buy a factory remote on eBay, and program it as above (is the receiver installed with the keypad?)? Thanks!

borland

Old 02-12-2004, 04:21 PM
96explorereddieb
Senior User
You can buy the key and the remote from Ebay. The programming might cost ya. The remote is easy, but programming the key requires 2 original keys in order to program the keys.

Old 02-26-2004, 02:07 PM
expllorerlimited94
New User
Hey Jack3, I just got a new remote for my 94 Limited and the routine you said works great. One shot at it and all re-programmed. You gave the exact info I was looking for. It does work and is easy to do with your help. Thanks Buddy

Old 02-26-2004, 03:20 PM
borland
Senior User
update to my comments above:

I bought a remote on eBay for $14 including shipping. Programmed it myself. It was new and works great.

I also removed the aftermarket remote/alarm. What a rat's nest of wires and plastic boxes!

I also partially remove the interior rear quarter trim panel and found the driver door keypad code. The 5 digit code was, as described in the owners manual, on a label attached to the control unit.

Called the local Ford dealer. They want $90 for a new second key.

borland
2002 XLT