Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > Ford vs The Competition
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Ford vs The Competition Technical discussion and comparison ONLY. Trolls will not be tolerated.

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-05-2004, 01:22 AM
Senior User

bearfoot_25 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Smoked Me A New Chevy With 6.0 Today,

TODAY I WAS ON MY WAY TO WORK AND LOW AND BEHOLD A NEW CHEVY PICKUP PULLS UP NEXT TO ME!!!!! I WASNT PAYING TOO MUCH ATTENTION, BUT HE MUST HAVE HEARD MY FLOWMASTERS AND STARTED REVING HIS UP(CRAPPY GLASSPACK SOUNDING EXHAUST!!) SO IWAS LIKE OKAY WE CAN DO THIS, WELL FIRST OF ALL LET ME SAY THAT 4 SPEEDS WITH GRANNY LOW(NP435) SUCK FOR STREET RACING!!!!!, BUT THE LIGHT TURNED GREEN HE GOT THE JUMP ON ME AS I WASNT PAYING ATTENTION AGAIN, BUT I FLOORED IT(IN SECOND OF COURSE ) AND PASSED HIM LIKE IT WASNT NOTHIN, WOW, 317HP 347FTLBS OF TQ SURE FEELS NICE!!! I LATER SAW HIM AGAIN AT THE CHEVY DEALERSHIP WHERE MY FRIEND WORKS, IT SEEMS HIS 6.O STARTED CRAPPING OUT ON HIM!!!!!!!!
Old 02-05-2004, 04:42 PM
Posting Guru

rangersvt04 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Tim Walter
and another one bites the dust....
i can smoke a chebbie ss of the line in my ranger they usualy pass me about 45mph but street light to street light i got 'em
but my dads F-150 can spank'em like red headed step children!
Old 02-10-2004, 12:32 PM
Senior User

78custom is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hey I'm a red headed step child!
Old 02-10-2004, 04:04 PM
Elder User

MJD is starting off with a positive reputation.
Crappy, glasspack sounding exhaust? They sound better than flowmasters.

1986 F-250 ex cab 4X4. 460 4-speed manual

2004 Dodge Cummins
Old 02-10-2004, 09:42 PM
Post Fiend

rusty70f100 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.rusty70f100 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
You have to remember that chevy's have that goofy sounding exhaust that is always going to sound like a glasspack.. lol

Hey! I have a glasspack on my '92 explorer and I think they're great.

Gratz on the kill!
Old 02-11-2004, 12:40 AM
Senior User

bigdieseldav is starting off with a positive reputation.
Re: Smoked Me A New Chevy With 6.0 Today,

[QUOTE]Originally posted by bearfoot_25
[B](CRAPPY GLASSPACK SOUNDING EXHAUST!!)

to properly ingest the above statement without being offended its important to understant the essense of youth.... A kid who spends roughly 80 dollars per muffler (if its run with true duals which i doubt due to the fact that this requires the purchase of an additional catalytic converter in most cases) that the flowmaster automatically sounds better than a glasspack. In this case I think his objectivity to the matter is somewhat obscured by the substantial depletion of his bank account after the purchase of the flowmaster. Having bashed on you a little, I do like the sound of the flowmaster, you just can't get away with downing the glasspack that way. Cheers to you!!
2005 6.0 PSD, auto, lariat longbed crewcab FX4 lifted 4 inches. ARP headstuds, black onyx headgaskets, 4 inch turbo back kitty and muffler delete, egr delete, smoke switch, high idle mod... superchips flashpaq with powershot 2000 propane injection system.
Old 02-11-2004, 01:18 AM
Senior User

Just to clear things up a little. i in no way intended to say that glasspacks sound crappy!!! i have owned several vehicles with glass packs, and when coupled with the right diameter exhaust pipe for the engine application, they sound awesome. but on this particular truck they sounded like ****. if you use too small of a pipe then they pop alot and dont sound good. so please forgive me for my mis wording of my first statement!!!!!!!!
Old 02-11-2004, 01:23 AM
Senior User

Oh yeah, i almost forgot. I am far from being a kid unfortunately, and i only paid $50 for the pair of flowmasters as they were used!!!! trust me, i did not pay $80 dollars a piece!!!! i have better things to spend $160 on. and it does happen to be true duals. maybe you should know something about someone before you talk smack about them or their truck!!!!!

Last edited by bearfoot_25; 02-11-2004 at 01:38 AM.
Old 02-11-2004, 01:47 AM
Post Fiend

Matts72 has a good reputation on FTE.Matts72 has a good reputation on FTE.Matts72 has a good reputation on FTE.
This forum is for actual technical information. Street racing is dangerous and illegal.

Please use the Exhaust forum for discussing mufflers.
This thread is closed. Carlene

Last edited by Carlene; 02-11-2004 at 07:21 AM.
Old 02-11-2004, 01:47 AM

Closed Thread

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > Ford vs The Competition