Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > General Automotive Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

General Automotive Discussion

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-04-2004, 08:14 PM
Posting Guru

fordman428 is starting off with a positive reputation.
if you ever start the project make sure you show some pics as you go.
Old 02-04-2004, 09:45 PM
The Pacifier

bigrigfixer has a superb reputationbigrigfixer has a superb reputationbigrigfixer has a superb reputationbigrigfixer has a superb reputationbigrigfixer has a superb reputationbigrigfixer has a superb reputationbigrigfixer has a superb reputationbigrigfixer has a superb reputationbigrigfixer has a superb reputationbigrigfixer has a superb reputationbigrigfixer has a superb reputation
I have seen:
95? Honda Civic 2 door sedan on K5 Blazer frame.
Late 70's Corvette on Blazer frame. In person.

I've heard of a BMW 3 Series Convertible on a Toyota 4runner frame.

I'd do it if I could get the right car for the job. Maybe a Crown Vic.
Old 02-04-2004, 09:54 PM
Posting Guru

racsan is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.racsan is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
i have seen a '66 ranchero on a 4x4 fullsize chassis, and many years ago i saw a '70s hearse on a suburban chassis. did you all see the 4xcorvette on monster garage? looked like the only g.m. worth having.
http://www.therangerstation.com/foru...d.php?t=148057
Old 02-04-2004, 10:01 PM
Elder User

jessfactor is starting off with a positive reputation.
there was an elcamino on a truck frame down the street from my dad's house. it was jacked up w/big mud tires. it actually looked incredible. everything was in mint condition and it had a very nice paintjob. its a real eye turner.
Old 02-04-2004, 10:34 PM
Elder User

41Clay is starting off with a positive reputation.
In my home town there's a '60s Dodge that has been put onto a truck frame or something. The frame is set about 2 feet below the bottom of the car. I don't remember how they did it but you can see the engine and everything from beside the thing.

The place I worked at over the summer a guy put an '80s Camaro on top of a Bronco chassis. The car was just stripped and welded on top. He put a 350 with an auto where the engine should be on the Bronco frame and just bought a longer cable for the shifter. Looks like it could be really cool with some love and care and 2 less bumpers than the 4 it has now. It was a T-top and he left the doors off.
Old 02-04-2004, 11:13 PM
Posting Legend

Torque1st is a splendid one to beholdTorque1st is a splendid one to beholdTorque1st is a splendid one to beholdTorque1st is a splendid one to beholdTorque1st is a splendid one to beholdTorque1st is a splendid one to beholdTorque1st is a splendid one to beholdTorque1st is a splendid one to behold
I have seen this done many times, but not done well on any of them.
Old 02-05-2004, 12:37 AM
Postmaster

willowbilly3 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
In Anchorage there used to be a 69 Elcamino with the original frame and custom made 4 bar suspension. It was reall y nicely done. There was also a Lincoln Mark V that was done real nice.
I have seen some old station wagons done real nice and always wanted to try that. When I sold my place in Alaska I gave away a really straight 59 edsel wagon that I had planned to convert. I stil hope to do one some day.
Old 02-05-2004, 06:28 AM
Postmaster

tomw has a very good reputation on FTE.tomw has a very good reputation on FTE.tomw has a very good reputation on FTE.
Aren't SUVs car bodies mounted on truck frames???
Factory, yet....
tom
Old 02-05-2004, 09:30 AM
Posting Guru

Bargod is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
There was a 4x4 neon on ebay a little while back. I don't remember what it sold for. When I was younger, I remember seeing a corvette like that in Hays Kansas.
Old 02-05-2004, 09:33 AM
Postmaster

cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.
I picked up an autotrader mag over the weekend and saw a 50's four door cheby car body mounted on a 70's cheby suburban frame. Kind of an odd combination and look. Might be fun to drive though?

Daily Driver 1978 F150
Old 02-05-2004, 10:07 AM
Posting Guru

1970f2504x4 is starting off with a positive reputation.
There used to be a stretched Cadillac Limo mounted on some kind of 4x4 frame around here. I think it was more popular at Proms and Bachelor parties. I saw it 'in action' at a prom once. The driver had a custom welded diamond plate set of steps that he grabbed out of the trunk! I believe it had 36-40" tires (it was a while ago).
http://www.kb2fcv.com
Old 02-05-2004, 07:06 PM
Senior User

bigreave is starting off with a positive reputation.
When i was in vicca one year a school took a lincon towncar put it on a 77 f150 4x4 frame and made in to a el camino creation
Old 02-06-2004, 02:04 AM
Post Fiend

rebocardo has much to be proud ofrebocardo has much to be proud ofrebocardo has much to be proud ofrebocardo has much to be proud ofrebocardo has much to be proud ofrebocardo has much to be proud ofrebocardo has much to be proud ofrebocardo has much to be proud ofrebocardo has much to be proud of
> Anybody know anything about putting a unibody on a
> truck frame?

Coolest one I have seen is a Aerostar mounted on a F-250 frame.

Libraries are like art museums for the printed word.

Bronco IIs and 4x4 E-series -
the best Fords, because I own them!
Old 02-06-2004, 06:21 AM
Elder User

troposcatter is starting off with a positive reputation.
From looking at a couple of these "hybrids" it looks to me as if the unibody is the easiest to mount. The cleanest ones fabricated the mounts and used aftermarket polyurethane body bushing kits to bolt them down just like the cab of a pickup is bolted on.
The pinto 4x4 had the front end rigged like a racer with a tilt off removable front end, I saw an el camino 4x4, the same setup but with the fiberglass doghouse, looked good too.
Old 04-01-2008, 04:59 AM
Posting Guru

four-sixty-power has a very good reputation on FTE.four-sixty-power has a very good reputation on FTE.four-sixty-power has a very good reputation on FTE.
Minivans actually start to look good when they are on a 4x4 frame lifted with big tires lol

Be careful of your thoughts
For your thoughts become your words

Be careful of you words
For your words become your actions

Be careful of your actions
For your actions become your habits

Be careful of your habits
For your habits become your character

Be careful of your character
For your character becomes your destiny

author unknown
Old 04-01-2008, 04:59 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > General Automotive Discussion

Tags
1970, 4x4, blazer, bodies, body, bug, camaro, car, ford, fram, frame, frames, put, putting, truck, vw