Ford vs The Competition Technical discussion and comparison ONLY. Trolls will not be tolerated.

is the Tian really better ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2004, 09:05 PM
dogpound
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hendrix89
First off ..NEVER and I MEAN NEVER buy the first year model. They have alot to get all of those kinks out!! I bought the last year of the old model 03 ford. They had alot of years to work things out. I like Nissan but it still looks like a small pickup with some steroids.. If you want a true tested in the fields for a work truck and a nice looking truck not a little truck. please go to your Ford truck dealer....and by the way I got my truck from $30,000.00 sticker price to $20,000.00. $200.00 off of sticker they better give me a kiss after that!!
are you kidding yourself? a small pickup with some steroids? im almost at a loss for words. almost. this thing is just as big as your beloved f150 and beats it in every category. i really dont know what else to tell you. if you dont like the styling, fine. to each his own. but be honest with your self. to buy a comparable (not really) f150 you have to option to the less powerful 5.4. and that costs money. yes there might be some "kinks" that need to be worked out but do you really think that they are goin to release a vehicle that is competing w/ the big 3 and not already beat the **** out of these things. their reputation is on the line and they know it. my 4th nissan (by choice) and no real problems w/ any of them. nissan did their homework and got an A on this one. dont take my word for it take the automotive press and the truck magazines word for it. they also beat the **** out of em. they try to break them. no can do. its a great truck.

Old 04-07-2004, 09:15 PM
MW95F250
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The last Nissan we had made it to 80,000 then it went south. Titan????? No thanks.

Old 04-07-2004, 09:20 PM
dogpound
New User
well, thats why they make all kinds of vehicles. for all kinds of people.

Old 04-08-2004, 12:58 AM
FordLariat
Posting Guru
Beats the F-150 in all catergories? What about towing, what about sales, what about Motor Trend Truck of the Year? Those are pretty big catergories to conveniently leave out of your argument for the lesser truck there, dogpound.

Old 04-08-2004, 07:14 AM
hendrix89
Junior User
come on...please. Can you see Charles Bronson driving a Nissan ?? please F150 has history and can stand up to any little truck you pass its way. F150 is like a bull dog its friendly and nice till its gets mad then look out. F150 has history under its belt ...

Old 04-08-2004, 07:17 AM
shakemyspeare
Senior User
The Motortrend Truck of the Year Award is BS. I wouldn't use Motortrend to light my BBQ thats how bad it is. Least respectable automotive mag in print. MT gives that award away to whatever the newest truck is, and it doesn't matter how good or bad it is either. The Avalanche won it one year, and the Ram won it last year. I'm pretty sure the only reason Ford won the MT award was because they wrote the bigger advertising check.

One of the offroad mags picked the Titan as truck of the year and Car and Driver picked it over the F150, Ram, Tundra and Silverado in a comparison test. But then a few issues later they picked the F150 as one of their 5 best trucks. Magazine awards really don't deserve as much consideration as people think they do.

Old 04-08-2004, 07:34 AM
ktmguy70
Elder User
I usually use the magazines as a baseline, but for the most part, real world applications and experiences are the fairest judgement.. Look at ATV's for Example.. Honda has the Least powerful Utility Quad out there, they dont offer a Locker like most other ATVS and Just now came out with their first serious Indepependent rear suspension.. Their Flagship lacks a low range, they are slower, less powerful.and have a lower tow rating. YET they are rated # 1 in ATV sales.. This is based soley on Reputation.
The fact that a manufacturer SELLS more does not make it the better Vehicle, It simply means that more people have bought it in the past and are generally more concerned with reliability and reputation than having the latest and greatest.
The nissan, although having some great features and More power and torque than the new F-150 will always play second fiddle, simply because the F-150 has been proven for years and years, and Honestly It has so Many follower, Ford could make it a abase model with a 4-cylinder and 12 inch tires and people would still consider it the best

Ron

Old 04-08-2004, 08:06 AM
dogpound
New User
what about towing? comparing apples to apples, crew cab 4x4 (which is what i have) according to the ford website the max towing cap is 9200 and the nissan is 9400. yes i know that its only 200 lbs but you wanted #'s.

as far as sales are concearned, the titan has been out a whole 5 months w/ a totally new product. believe it or not, it does take some time to get sales going in a market that has been dominated by the big 3 for so long. you cant expect any company to come out and be sales leader out of the box.

as far as MT truck of the year, that is a great honor. but that is one magazine. i mean the titan won four wheeler of the year honors. what im saying is, that all pubications have stated that the titan is a great truck and it will make the big 3 need to continue to improve. i test drove a f150 and titan and it was no contest. i dont tow alot but i want to be able to do it and not worrry about it. mostly i want a truck that imo looks good and will be reliable (based on past exp.) and have decent resale when/if i decide to sell it.

Old 04-08-2004, 08:06 AM
emxmagnum
Senior User
what is so wrong with being loyal to a good truck? i personally have a 97 f150 with 90,000 miles and not a single problem. not a single one. and this truck has seen four kinds of hell. i see no reason at all not to like ford. and for that matter, there are just as many dodge and chevrolet loyalists out there as ford. so what? besides...do you really think everybody that buys a ford loyalist? i dont think anybody can correctly make that assumption. and if ford didnt build good trucks, there would be no loyalists anyway. the trucks have treated them good in the past, thats why they like em now.

Old 04-08-2004, 08:16 AM
ktmguy70
Elder User
If

Originally Posted by emxmagnum
what is so wrong with being loyal to a good truck? i personally have a 97 f150 with 90,000 miles and not a single problem. not a single one. and this truck has seen four kinds of hell. i see no reason at all not to like ford. and for that matter, there are just as many dodge and chevrolet loyalists out there as ford. so what? besides...do you really think everybody that buys a ford loyalist? i dont think anybody can correctly make that assumption. and if ford didnt build good trucks, there would be no loyalists anyway. the trucks have treated them good in the past, thats why they like em now.
if this is directed at me, Theres absolutley nothing wrong with being Loyal to one brand of truck, People Buy what they want, and feel comftorable with.
For Example, As for Bikes, In my Eye, theres only one serious race ready woods bike out there, that outta the box will win races and comes with quality components, and thats KTM. ( im much more loyal about my bikes than I will ever be about a Vehicle.) Many people will Disagree with that however!!
Still a free country, Drive what you want!! I like Ford trucks, I own one, will probably own another.. The only thing Im not a Fan of is the 6.0.

Ron

Old 04-08-2004, 08:20 AM
emxmagnum
Senior User
unfortunately, i think quite a few people agree with you about the 6.0. i really hope they get it worked out. til then......

Old 04-08-2004, 09:06 AM
150ford
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How about resale value. What do I get when I trade it in vs. what i paid. I say I get more for the ford. What do you say?

Old 04-08-2004, 09:30 AM
MW95F250
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by dogpound
what about towing? comparing apples to apples, crew cab 4x4 (which is what i have) according to the ford website the max towing cap is 9200 and the nissan is 9400. yes i know that its only 200 lbs but you wanted #'s.
Ford actually is rated at 9900lbs. max towing.

Old 04-08-2004, 12:57 PM
dogpound
New User
not the crew cab 4x4. just going off of the website.

Old 04-08-2004, 01:01 PM
dogpound
New User
remember crew cab 4x4. the regular cab 4x2 is rated @9900 which i admit is great. my whole thing is people are goin to buy what they want and thats fine. its just that they shouldnt be so close minded to not see that nissan has raised the bar.

Quick Reply: is the Tian really better ?