2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2004, 04:18 PM
kel3nc
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exhaust

I am thinking of buying my boyfriend a new exhaust system for his 2004 F-150 fx4. I know very little when it comes to this type of thing, but I have heard him mention straight pipes, and X-pipes. I know he wants something that makes a deep roaring sound, not high-pitched like these little hondas driving around. Can anyone throw some suggestions my way?? It will be greatly appreciated!
--Thanks!

Old 02-02-2004, 07:18 PM
triton_2002
Postmaster
Wow, where are the rest of the women like you?!?!
I have to give you a big thumbs up for giving a real guy present to your boyfriend!!
However, there are all kinds of exhaust options out there: cat-back (replace the entire system), mufflers (100's of choices), single out/dual out, ect.....
Unless you can find out exactly what he wants, it will be a tough job. Maybe, you can get him a "gift certificate" and then go exhaust shopping?!

Old 02-03-2004, 09:50 AM
fanman2
Senior User
Way to go girl.....

What a great idea.....but I have to agree with TRITON'S previous post.

Please keep in mind that Ford's Warranty on your boyfriend's truck will NOT be affected in any way......as long as his exhaust system modifications are done in the SINGLE 2.5" pipe (5.4 L V8) that is AFTER/DOWNSTREAM the (2) catalytic converters.

Good luck!!!

Old 02-03-2004, 10:28 AM
bigjack
Elder User
I had a Flowmaster 70 series Big Block II muffler put on my FX4 Super Crew. It has a nice mellow sound at idle but roars pretty good when I step on it. It's a single inlet dual outlet. I had the duals run out the back with stainless steel tips. Looks good, sounds good IMHO. It won't void the warranty if installed behind the cat. BTW, my wife loves the way it sounds-Jack

Old 02-03-2004, 12:21 PM
2FastLX
Junior User
It sounds like he may be wanting a full dual exhaust system if he's mentioning X-pipes, crossovers, etc. That is what I am waiting for. Sling some comments into a conversation about the single exhaust systems out for these trucks and see what he says. He may be like me and waiting for the warranty to run out and full dual exhaust systems to come out for them. Sounds like he might be a Mustang guy?

But...
If my wife bought me a "Borla Split Cat-Back System" I would be more than happy to slap it on my truck. A "Borla Split Cat-Back System" would sound awesome, and last forever. And I am willing to bet that even if he would prefer to wait for a full dual system to come out a "Borla Split Cat-Back System" would still put a big smile on his face. I vote for the "Borla Split Cat-Back System"

Old 02-03-2004, 02:04 PM
grayflare
Junior User
If it were me, I would go for the cat back system, this way there should be no problems with the warranty. Since there are so many different systems you might want to ask him which one he wants, I know you probably want it to be a surprise,but wouldnt you rather get the one he wants? If you dont want to do this then my choice would also be the Borla split rear system. All stainless steel and a million mile warranty. I have had one of their systems before and it was great. Did have one crack in the muffler once, but they said they knew about the problem and sent a replacement out that day. Their warranty is good as gold.