Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Montana Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Montana Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: jredline1984

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-29-2004, 08:51 PM
Posting Guru

swann79 has a very good reputation on FTE.swann79 has a very good reputation on FTE.swann79 has a very good reputation on FTE.
swannsa
Aftermarket ignition in FE

Check out my post in the FE forum on the DUI distributor. Any of my fellow Drifters have any thoughts on what I should do to my points-driven 390? Remember that my truck is used for daily or occasional driving, hauling loads of wood in a trailer, serious off-roading, and Chebby stompin'. Wait, I guess that pretty much means everything, right?
'07 Foose Stallion (Mustang GT)

Old 01-29-2004, 11:19 PM
Post Fiend

Matts72 has a good reputation on FTE.Matts72 has a good reputation on FTE.Matts72 has a good reputation on FTE.
We run Mallory and MSD distributors with Crane Cams Fireball Hi-6 ignition boxes.

We are also getting 15 MPG out of an FE.
Old 01-30-2004, 08:13 AM
Senior User

fordfan428 is starting off with a positive reputation.
You saw my thoughts in the FE forum..But I will add this along with it being cheaper to just do a conversion to Per. or Unilite you can keep the points in the glove box incase something goes wrong with the elec. ign. while out off roading..Also with the Per. you can run a MSD ign. box if you want without having to pay for the MSD dizzy..I like how the elec. ign. works but don't fully trust them..I keep the spare parts in the truck just in case..As for DUI, sorry but nothing that looks like a chebby part is going on my Ford..LOL..JMO..
Old 01-30-2004, 04:05 PM
Post Fiend

Matts72 has a good reputation on FTE.Matts72 has a good reputation on FTE.Matts72 has a good reputation on FTE.
You can run a Dura Spark distributor, and a MSD box, but I think that the DS dizzy would be the weak link.
Old 02-02-2004, 05:06 PM
Posting Guru

68torino is starting off with a positive reputation.
I'd go with a Pertronix and a new points set complete in the glovebox. Cheap, easyto install and reliable.
Old 02-02-2004, 05:06 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Montana Chapter

Tags
aftermarket, fe, ford, ignition, igniton, mrkt, truck