6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

WHERE IS Emtabmm…….ANSWER IS HERE

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2004, 11:18 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
Unhappy WHERE IS Emtabmm…….ANSWER IS HERE

As you all probably remember, we used to have this person named emtabmm,
who by all rights was a divine (verb) help to all that ownes a 6.0

It seems that some abused his help. I repeat some not all, and do NOT ask for names.
He at times received no less than 20 emails a day asking for help, less not say asking…less say closer to demanding help and they needed answers immediately.

That ladies and gentlemen was not and is not fare. He provided us help, which was by most means, impossible for us to receive.

He has stopped, plain and simple. This was not about Ford it was about respect.
Openly we have stated on FTE how helpful he has been, the private emails did not show the same respect.

I do not know if he will come back, I cannot and will not speak for him. I do not know what we…as a team can do. His professionalism and help was awesome, he will be missed.

My only comment on all that has transpired………….next time less not abuse any help we get. IMO

Last edited by IB Tim; 01-29-2004 at 01:41 PM.
Old 01-29-2004, 11:49 AM
4x4Mark
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tim,
Well said and thanks. I hope your message gets through to others, and that they look upon the help that others offer to provide as a priviledge and not a requirement or god given right.

Old 01-29-2004, 12:40 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Maybe if the people who abused him have the cahonies to step up and apologize in this thread things will change, but I doubt a single person will. Please prove me wrong.

Old 01-29-2004, 01:15 PM
blackhat620
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Tim,
Sorry to hear that a few people came to the conclusion that emtabmm was on their personal payroll. The lack of respect that some people show to others is amazing. Since these people (and they know who they are!) had the audacity to demand emtabmm help them, THEY need to come forward and publicly APOLOGIZE to emtabmm on this forum.

If these people who abused their right to participate in this forum cannot find the courage to stand up and apologize, then maybe Tim, you will consider revoking their privilage to post on this forum. IMHO

Emtabmm was a great source of knowledge to all on this forum, and i for one will miss his input and expertise.
I would like to personnally thank Emtabmm for all the help he provided on this forum. THANK YOU Emtabmm for your wisdom, you will be missed.

Old 01-29-2004, 01:24 PM
SBV45
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy

I am disappointed, but not surprised after seeing some of the posts that appear. emtabmm provided valuable information sharing here. The amount of time he spent assisting us undoubtedly caused him stress on the job and home. Then to be disrespected by those he tried to help is intolerable.

My $.02

Old 01-29-2004, 01:53 PM
KurtNJr
Senior User
We should all be in this together and not let the actions of a very few cause heartache for a great resource - remove their access! EMTABMM you have hundreds of readers that profit from your information and appreciate the effort you put into this forum. With that in mind simply hit the deleate key on email from those that you regard as innappropriate and stay with us!

Old 01-29-2004, 01:55 PM
Txfodiesel
Junior User
I could see the writing on the wall as i no all of us who DID NOT abuse the vitally important info that emtabmm had shared with us. I dont no how many threads i read that started with " Help Emtabmm". It was just a matter of time and im sorry to see it end. Thanks emtabmm for all that you did share freely with us.

Old 01-29-2004, 02:23 PM
BossEliminator
Junior User
His flash updates will be missed. I could offer more help here and inside info, but life is to short to deal with people who would be disrespectful or demand instead of ask for help. I'll just keep lurking and hope he comes back as I found his post to contain the most useful info on here.

Brian

Engine research & development engineering

Old 01-29-2004, 02:41 PM
Outwest
Junior User
Very sad to hear. His insight was an incredible asset to us all, and will be truly missed. Emtabmm, Thank you.

Old 01-29-2004, 02:58 PM
pocobueno
Junior User
emtabmm,

I didn't know you really since i started posting here just shortly before you left. I can say though that the posts I read of yours were first rate and full of help for folks. Where else could talk to a mechanic for free! I wondered where you got the time to do it.

I am very sorry that some abused your kind nature. I know this site was blessed to have you. I hope you can reconsider and return but if not, thank you for what oyu shared.

poco

Old 01-29-2004, 03:00 PM
GoblesKen
Junior User
Thank you Emtabmm. Your insight was very helpful and reassuring to us newbees.

Old 01-29-2004, 03:17 PM
resqdawg3
Senior User
I can't say anything more than what has already been said. I always found your wealth of knowledge very insightful, and I will severely miss it.

I just wonder why some people feel that they need to abuse fellow enthusiasts. Nice way to scare off one of our greatest resources to the inner works on the 6.0l engine! Much appreciated.

Old 01-29-2004, 04:46 PM
Diesel Smoker
Senior User
Thank You very much emtabmm for your inside info hope you return looked forward to reading your stuff everyday.

Old 01-29-2004, 05:31 PM
Tower Jack
Senior User
emtabmm will be missed, his best help came w/o any pressure.
Thank you emtabmm for a quick response anytime you could help and with our understanding when you couldn't

Old 01-29-2004, 05:35 PM
Beachbumcook
Got Diesel?
Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts
Since I write long posts... guess I better chime in as well.

I/we are all very sorry to see you go Emtabbem. Thanks for the help you provided. Somewhere in one of my old posts I offered to buy (and drink) a 6-pack with you the next time you come through Kansas City. Well I guess we'll have to make that a case of 24 now!!! (darn).

I for one think that unprofessional, disrespectful and annoying e-mails should be part of the "terms of service" for this site and getting one's self BANNED!!!

Posting of offensive laungage, "trash talk" and the like is not allowed, so should this.

So Tim, who has the power to delete these people? Someone sure does? If they sign back on under a different name, so be it, but we'll just keep banning them. If it continues, a simple "stop harrassing" letter from a law office should work!!

Message to all.... lets remember that we are here to share info and assist one another and try to reduce the pain we have experienced for owning a new 6.0L PSD motor. If any of you find it to hard to be mature or use this site in a professional (and sometimes light-hearted manner).... GO FIND ANOTHER SITE!!!

Thanks Emtabbm.... thanks Tim for the update.

Quick Reply: WHERE IS Emtabmm…….ANSWER IS HERE