When a tree falls on my truck, does anyone hear it?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2004, 10:35 PM
MrBean1130
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When a tree falls on my truck, does anyone hear it?

Oh yes, you read it right. A 60-70 ft. pine tree fell on my truck. Just thought i would sulk here on FTE. I got lucky in the sense that it could have landed on the cab of the truck and messed it up even worse than it did. The tree hit the front right of my truck and in the process damaged my hood, quarter panel, bumper, grill, shattered my turn signal (my new white outs i might add), and also dented up part of the bed on the passenger side. There are scratches like you wouldnt believe.

I was parked at my friends house when this happend, and it was their neighbors tree that fell. The roots had rotted out and a strong gust of wind hit the tree. I talked to the owners of the house and they told me that earlier during the day (it happend around 8:00 pm) they had contracted a company to cut it down the next day. I almost cried right there. But, on the bright side, their homeowners insurance should pay for it.. and maybe i can get a new paint job out of it.

Mini poll: Should i stay with the always good looking black that i have right now, or go with a different color?

Just wanted to tell you guys about this so this weekend you dont laugh at my truck and ask me what happend to the deer i hit.

P.S. About 5 or 10 minutes away from my house a new 1/8 mile drag track is opening up saturday morning. Maybe after houston on friday we can go over there. Just an Idea!

Old 01-28-2004, 11:37 PM
MJEmerson
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my tail gate is pretty dinged up from when it was used as a work truck...I think I am gonna start backing into my neighbors trees. and see what insurance will cover...sorry to hear about the tragedy bro

Old 01-29-2004, 09:49 AM
true4.2
Postmaster
Man that sux about the truck man! Hey, don't forget, the Houston Raceway day is on the 6th which is NEXT weekend not this weekend. Hope to see you there!

Old 01-30-2004, 01:07 AM
MrBean1130
Senior User
right after i sent the post i realized that i was a week ahead of myself. Anywho... im gonna check out that new track this weekend and then i can tell you guys what i think about it.

Old 01-30-2004, 09:54 AM
Lcashmer
Senior User
Black is always good.

You should consider what is involved in a major color change. There are all those things not normaly part of a paint job like the door posts (inside the door), under the hood. Granted, you can get away with not painting some of these areas, but it looks weird.

The insurance won't cover the additional cost, which is considerable.

I once did a major color change on a vehicle, but I had it done by a local trade school. They did a great job, but there were still areas where you would find the old color simply because they aren't all that paintable once the car is all put together. One area that comes to mind is the area between the bed and the cab.

Old 02-03-2004, 02:56 AM
bigric
Fleet Mechanic
Yeah, once you do a major color change, you start to notice all those places you never realized were painted. And now don't match the rest of the truck. It's easy to blow off warnings like this; I know I did. To do an ace job involves pretty much stripping the vehicle and spraying it. You'll still end up with some places with the old color (between the bed and cab if you don't remove the bed, down in the cowl, around the engine bay, inside the door hinges...).