General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Anyone But BUSH

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2004, 04:30 PM
TLD
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Anyone But BUSH

I'm hearing this more and more as we get into the primaries. ANYONE BUT BUSH !! Remember we heard this with George Sr and although we didn't need anothet 4 yrs of his weak style look hard at what we ended up with.
I don't see anyone that is better the what we have now. No one with any fresh ideas or any sense of direction that could get some changes we need started now.
I think BUSH is the lesser of two EVILS at this point and that doesn't say a whole lot for our choices I know.
I'm gonna VOTE BUSH unless anyone can convince me otherwise.

Old 01-27-2004, 04:32 PM
FordFadgeole
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't think you will find anyone here that feels any different.

Old 01-27-2004, 04:33 PM
1956MarkII
Lead Driver
It's called the ABBA Syndrome: "Anyone But Bush Again."

Old 01-27-2004, 05:15 PM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It's like getting popped on a traffic ticket. You **** and moan about the penaty and swear at the legal justice system. Down wit da pigs. Down wit da judge. Yada yada. Then you realize that the alternative to our legal system would be unthinkable. Things are in place and working as they are for a reason. Yeah, we aint got it so bad, I'll just do my time and be happy it aint worse. In this upcoming election, it really appears it very well could get ALOT worse.

I'm voting for Georgie Boy

Old 01-27-2004, 05:38 PM
AlfredB1979
Posting Guru
Re: Anyone But BUSH

Originally posted by TLD
No one with any fresh ideas or any sense of direction that could get some changes we need started now.

Bingo.

That's what I've been saying. It's nothing but, "We have to get Bush out of office!" and nothing more.

Every friggin' time I hear exerpts on the radio from (insert Dimocrat here) about "It's time to take back the country".....then nothing else.

I guess the libs can't talk out the other end about planning in advance, eh? If Dubya shouldn't plan ahead for knocking off Saddam, they wouldn't plan out their goals (or lack thereof, obviously) for their terms, either.

Quite frankly, with some of what has been tossed around, it's best we hear none of the libs in the running anyway....

Old 01-28-2004, 12:59 AM
BigMattXXL
Postmaster
I personally think Wesley Clark is the best way to go.

I know I'm going to get flamed for this, but that's how I feel.

I don't think GW really knows what he's doing.

Between the PATRIOT act and the Orange Alerts - how long before I get a cool serial number tatoo on my forearm?

It seems to me (in my no-experience-as-president opinion) that all he's accomplished is getting the entire planet to hate the USA.

I say we bring the jobs back home and take care of business here instead of worrying about what's going on out there. If we had minded our own business to start with, Terrorists wouldn't even be around because they wouldn't have anyone to go after. Why don't we just keep our hands to ourselves and let them kill each other?

We're so busy fixing up everyone else's yards that our own home is falling apart.

Clark doesn't stand around spouting the ridiculous Democrat rhetoric we keep hearing ("Let's take back the country!"). His tax plans are fairly balanced so the little man (read:me) will be able to get ahead. He also knows how (and when...) to fight a war. Of course, he isn't going to win, but it doesn't hurt to speculate, right?

XXL

Last edited by BigMattXXL; 01-28-2004 at 01:02 AM.
Old 01-28-2004, 06:31 AM
Jarlaxle
Elder User
They're all clowns, & I wouldn't vote for any of them on a bet (except maybe Dean as comic relief). I probably won't bother to vote in November.

Old 01-28-2004, 06:36 AM
FordFadgeole
Postmaster
I'm leaning towards Clark also.He has some good ideas.

Old 01-28-2004, 06:52 AM
skuteman
Elder User
...........Bush is really NOT the true leader of his own party or destiny for that matter. The Corporate Republican Butt Kissing Committee is\are who makes alot of the policy decisions because they OWE so much to SO MANY that if Bush did take a stand on any issue IT would first have to be filtered thru them and approved before the Republican Leadership in both House and Senate will support it.
...........Example.....Using the Federal Treasury to negotiate with All drug manufacturers to Lower drug prices for all people not just those on Medicare. Same thing for importation of Drugs from Canada. The Head Lobbyist in charge of the FDA doesn't "THINK" American made drugs are "SAFE" when brought back into this country from Canada.
...........SCORE....Lobbyists...1,000<>Taxpayers.. .2
...........You would think Bush would come out Publically and Tell his corporate buddies that they should be ashamed of themselves for closing factories and moving all the jobs to India or whereever. He , hasn't said a Damn thing. And probably never will.
..........I'm going to vote for WHOMEVER the Dems come up with as a Candidate because I Don't think the Country can stand 4 more years of record Deficits and loosing another 3 million jobs......s.kuteman....

Old 01-28-2004, 07:02 AM
bigdmizer
Elder User
Greenspan says the deficit is manageable, but then again the democrats wana get rid of him too.................. When you look at the big picture Democrats and Republicans are Identical twins that hate each other. Both parties use big business to fund their parties and are equally influenced by big business. The Democrats just go greater lengths to minimize the connections. Anyway you skin it, a politician is a politician. Some are just better at pulling the wool over your eyes. GW isn't one of them.

Old 01-28-2004, 10:03 AM
02PSD4ME
Posting Guru
Originally posted by BigMattXXL
I personally think Wesley Clark is the best way to go.

I know I'm going to get flamed for this, but that's how I feel.

I don't think GW really knows what he's doing.

Between the PATRIOT act and the Orange Alerts - how long before I get a cool serial number tatoo on my forearm?

It seems to me (in my no-experience-as-president opinion) that all he's accomplished is getting the entire planet to hate the USA.

I say we bring the jobs back home and take care of business here instead of worrying about what's going on out there. If we had minded our own business to start with, Terrorists wouldn't even be around because they wouldn't have anyone to go after. Why don't we just keep our hands to ourselves and let them kill each other?

We're so busy fixing up everyone else's yards that our own home is falling apart.

Clark doesn't stand around spouting the ridiculous Democrat rhetoric we keep hearing ("Let's take back the country!"). His tax plans are fairly balanced so the little man (read:me) will be able to get ahead. He also knows how (and when...) to fight a war. Of course, he isn't going to win, but it doesn't hurt to speculate, right?

XXL
Clarke is a BUFFOON..

as for spouting the ridiculous Democrat rhetoric.

Have you really listen to his speeches? this guy is back and forth. He does not know which way he is coming from or going. He is contently contradicting himself.

Old 01-28-2004, 10:07 AM
Ryan50hrl
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Clark's getting my vote......

Old 01-28-2004, 10:08 AM
BigMattXXL
Postmaster
Originally posted by 02PSD4ME
Clarke is a BUFFOON..

as for spouting the ridiculous Democrat rhetoric.

Have you really listen to his speeches? this guy is back and forth. He does not know which way he is coming from or going. He is contently contradicting himself.
There's not much we can do; they're all politicians. It's a lesser of two evils argument.

Clark may be a buffoon, but GW is retarded. I can't wait until he decides to attack North Korea.

I might as well start learning how to speak Korean so I can impress our new conquerers...

XXL

Old 01-28-2004, 10:12 AM
02PSD4ME
Posting Guru
I might as well start learning how to speak Korean so I can impress our new conquerers...
You got to be kiddin.....

You must be French! giving up before a shot is fired.

Old 01-28-2004, 10:14 AM
FordFadgeole
Postmaster
I don't feel Clark is a buffoon.He is a highly educated man with a good military background.His only fault up to this point is his experience in the political arena.He may be the surprise in the south.

Quick Reply: Anyone But BUSH