General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Anyone But BUSH

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2004, 10:09 PM
cartwright
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FF-I own several AK-47's amongst other assault rifles and have never commited a crime. I've also been on the receiving end of them a few times. My purpose for asking you for a link to any quality information about Bush's alledged lack of prosecutions was a hunt for information, not to start a fight with you. I also wanted your opinion on the hypothetical situation I presented. I dont think you would find it acceptable as it violates your rights, the same way I feel MOST of the firearms laws violate our rights.

Agman
I dont want convicted felons having weapons either, but they can get them regardless of the law. Drugs are illegal but they can be gotten anywhere. Most firearms laws only affect law abiding citizens, not crimminals. As I said before, it is a statistical fact that firearms restrictions dont reduce crime, the numbers dont lie. As for my paranoia, our founding fathers warned us to be paranoid of our government and that we should call everything it does into question. If you dont think the purpose of registration is eventual confiscation, look at what happened in NY in the 60's and 70's. Everyone was required to register their guns, later on they were told to turn them in. All the ones who had registered, but didnt turn them in got a swat team kicking down their door and were disarmed by force. Those that had never registered kept their guns. Look it up, its the truth!!!!

Old 02-01-2004, 11:53 PM
agman10426
Senior User
like i said, i mostly agree with you

I dont want convicted felons having weapons either, but they can get them regardless of the law. Drugs are illegal but they can be gotten anywhere.
you fail to realize why they are illegal... if a felon has a gun, boom a cop can arrest him no questions asked...this (like ive said) prevents a crime before it happens

as for drugs... if a guy has drugs on him, boom he is arrested...this prevents the use of the drugs found

-Tim

Old 02-02-2004, 11:02 PM
skuteman
Elder User
..............I'll tell you MY definition of an assult rifle...A weapon that under NORMAL circumstamces is designed to be utilized in a combat environment and fired in an "Automatic" mode of fire. These type of weapons were Never meant for hunting of game or Target shooting. Most, if not All , Hunting rifles are BOLT action type rifles. And, I'm not talking about 22's either or shoot guns.
.............Personally , i think , Responsible citizens should be able to OWN Ak-47's . For no other reason than we , as citizens of a FREE country should be able to protect ourselves if and when the Social fabric of country were to fail and law enforcement cannot be everywhere at Once. So, it is up to us to Protect our families and our property until such time as Order and Decency can be reestablished .
............A major chemical or biological attack in one part of the country is going to DESTABALIZE the Whole country for an undeterminable amount of time and we will be left to "forage" for ourselves until order can be restored.........s.kuteman

Old 02-02-2004, 11:25 PM
Ryan50hrl
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
i've got a good friend that deer hunts with his AR-15.....works like a charm

Old 11-22-2014, 11:01 PM
jdadamsjr
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Somehow this old thread popped up on the similar threads list when I was searching for nav map updates info

and the thread title really made me chuckle !!! Wow, how times change:

Attached Images  
Old 11-23-2014, 05:46 AM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,102 Likes on 2,164 Posts
yea really. if it comes down to Jeb bush or hitlery, you know damn well who i am voting for.

the only thing i would cast a vote in favor of the wicked witch for would be a life plus 30 sentence in solitary confinement on alcatraz island.

Old 11-23-2014, 07:04 AM
jroehl
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by tjc transport
yea really. if it comes down to Jeb bush or hitlery, you know damn well who i am voting for.

the only thing i would cast a vote in favor of the wicked witch for would be a life plus 30 sentence in solitary confinement on alcatraz island.
...with her hubby in the same cell--THAT would be the real torture!

Jason

Old 11-23-2014, 07:39 AM
JWA
Fleet Owner
Received 1,393 Likes on 1,102 Posts
Whenever one of these threads pop up (or are resurrected as it turns out ) why does it always blame a sitting president while at the same time boasting the previous one was such a gem?

Put aside the utter failure of Bush 2 in general such as the economic crash in '08 largely brought on by Bush policies that allowed it does anyone not recognize those elected to (supposedly) represent us are at the root of so many failures in government recently.

While I deplore this BS about immigration "reform" I still contend we're not that much worse off now than before '08. Bringing one more of that former presidents family into such a powerful position will just be more the same as the brother.

Old 11-23-2014, 10:25 AM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
so you are saying you would rather have the wicked witch in office?

Old 11-23-2014, 08:41 PM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
that is definitely a way to get a thread closed.

Old 11-23-2014, 08:49 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
It should be closed........

Old 11-23-2014, 09:10 PM
mecdac
Lead Driver
Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by tjc transport
that is definitely a way to get a thread closed.
Okay

Originally Posted by fabmandelux
It should be closed........
WOW, then why was it not closed 10 years ago in the...

"No political, Sexual or Religious topics please. GNAC.

Don't blame me for BAD management.

This thread was started Jan 27, 2004

Pay attention, mods. Not my problem.

That's what I'm talking about:

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...l#post14845789

I should receive a bonus for bringing this to the mods attention.

And a lifetime membership.

Old 11-23-2014, 10:05 PM
FTE Herman
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I only close when people bitch - your wish is granted.