Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Ranger & B-Series
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Ranger & B-Series All Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series modelsSPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-27-2004, 12:31 PM
New User

old dog is starting off with a positive reputation.
2000 ranger headlight problems

I have a 2000 ranger and the right low beam went out, we changed the bulb to no avil. I thought it might be the light switch so we changed it also ,nothing!! We have checked the only groung i can find for thr lights (on the driverside under the fuse box under the hood). This problem has me stumped . Another problem that may or matnoe be related is the cargo light doesnot work either. Can anyone give us a hand?
Old 01-27-2004, 03:52 PM
Elder User

Rancha9 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Have you tried using a multi-meter to see if there's power at the light socket when the switch is on? Bad wire maybe?
Old 01-27-2004, 07:38 PM
Postmaster

Dealford is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Check the fuse box. The older Rangers had the headlights fused separately.
63 Fairlane, Gone to my buddy Chuck.
It Aint Fun Unless It's Done The Hard Way!
Old 01-28-2004, 01:19 PM
New User

Checked thewire no power to the low beam side. Was wondering if there was a relay for the lights that might be burnt out.
Old 01-28-2004, 09:29 PM
Posting Guru

hreed is starting off with a positive reputation.
I think the low beams have a fuse for right and left. If all the headlights work except the low beam right, it should be a fuse.
Old 01-29-2004, 01:29 PM
New User

Not a fuse we checked them all . Was wondering if it could be the multi-function switch? that seems to be the only thing left except pulling out all the wireing.
Old 01-29-2004, 05:17 PM
Elder User

Rancha9 is starting off with a positive reputation.
There are 4 fuses for the headlight system... Are you sure you checked them all... Only one would make just one headlight cut out, and that's the one in the fuse panel on the driver's side of the dash... Check your manual for the right fuse, and check that. According to my Haynes manual, the multi-function switch COULD cause a failure of one headlight, but I haven't heard of that one yet... First time for everything, though... Also, according to the Haynes, a failure of the headlight switch could NOT dump one headlight. Oooo, I did just see that the right headlamp (the one you lost) and the factory fog lamps come off the same fuse. Have you lost your fogs as well? It's fuse #8 in the fuse panel on the driver's side of the dash, or, second row down, all the way to the right. I would mess with the multi-function switch last, as it's a royal pain and pretty expensive to boot... OK, enough rambling...

Last edited by Ken00; 01-29-2004 at 05:47 PM.
Old 10-22-2012, 05:40 PM
New User

Allen Michael is starting off with a positive reputation.
Did you ever figure this out?

Hello old dog, I too am having this exact problem right now. Just curious if you ever found out what the problem was? Thanks in advance.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:10 AM

pawpaw is a splendid one to beholdpawpaw is a splendid one to beholdpawpaw is a splendid one to beholdpawpaw is a splendid one to beholdpawpaw is a splendid one to beholdpawpaw is a splendid one to behold
Wecome to FTE.

Would be helpful to know what year & model Ranger & which problem you have, the head light, or cargo light problem. If its the cargo light, its switch controlled by the dash mounted instrument dimmer thumb wheel & it must be rotated fully up, until it clicks, to turn the interior dome lights & cargo/bed lamps on, which are part of the high/cab mounted rear stop light assy.

This is an 8 year old thread, but has some good trouble shooting ideas if your having the headlight problem, such as checking fuses, so have you done all of that????

Details are trifles but trifles make perfection & perfection is no trifle
(Ben Franklin)

Our signature is a sign of a job completed, autograph your work with excellence
Old 10-23-2012, 08:10 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Ranger & B-Series

Tags
2000, fuse, headlamp, location, ranger