Missouri Chapter Join Chapter , Leader:77&79F250

The Kansas Chapter has opened...

Old 01-25-2004, 03:13 PM
Ratsmoker
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
The Kansas Chapter has opened...

So you all get the heck out!!! Just kidding. Actually I wanted to make sure that you all know that you are still welcome to post in this Forum!

Old 01-25-2004, 10:15 PM
Fat Ford Boy
More Turbo
Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts
Poster #2 to this chapter !!!

WhooooooHooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-26-2004, 04:23 PM
Ultramagdan
Post Fiend
Re: The Kansas Chapter has opened...

Originally posted by Ratsmoker
So you all get the heck out!!!
Now that was funny.

Old 01-27-2004, 12:24 AM
Ratsmoker
Post Fiend
Well everybody from Kanas was always asking if they could post here and of course they could. Kinda makes me sad they all have another forum to go to now. There are plenty of Kansanians on FTE so I guess they deserved their own forum.

Old 01-27-2004, 09:39 AM
seventysixer
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm sticking around right here for awhile until they get through their "we got our own forum" stuff over with.

I live right on the border and I hate the main forums, when someone has a good deal and it's too far for me to drive to take advantage of it. Right now there is a guy on the MoKan raceway site that has a VC (whatever that is) 4 bbl FE manifold for sale, $75. It is probably a single plane manifold. It IS a 4bbl manifold though and I am tempted to get it and try and figure out the RPM issues later.

OBTW, if the weather settles down I will try to get down to the U-Wrench it and check on FE/Pickup parts this weekend, I will let you know what I find. Later.

Old 01-27-2004, 12:11 PM
Ratsmoker
Post Fiend
Cool, I was planning on heading that way when it warms up too.

Old 01-28-2004, 08:08 AM
seventysixer
Senior User
Supposed to be cold again this weekend.

There is a two dollar entrance fee and hand stamp at the U-Wrench it, they have wheelbarrows for heavy parts. The Fords are to the left side of the main drag as you enter the yard. There are a lot of four door cars and the trucks are scattered around a little. There is a price list on the left side of the main room as you go out into the yard but the guys at the counter seemed like they would wheel and deal a little on the price.

I have only went once but that is what I noticed on my recon. Also I was surfing on the net and found out there is a guy that works FEs up in Atchison, KS. A little far for you to drive Ratsmoker.

Old 01-28-2004, 04:19 PM
Ratsmoker
Post Fiend
U-wrench it said that a complete C6 tranny in unknown condition is $100. They seem to be somewhat resonable. I wanna say a trans was $75 in OKC.

Old 01-28-2004, 04:31 PM
seventysixer
Senior User
Like I said, lots of fourdoors. Big ole Mercs and Fords and some intermediate sedans, wouldn't surprise me if they had a police car out there. I didn't look too hard as it was cold and I wasn't dressed for it. Lots of 351 and 400Ms a few small blocks and some I6s. T-birds and LTDs, etc.

I was looking for a couple of cheap doors for my '76 and anything FE, no luck there. My friend said they crush as soon as a car gets stripped down pretty far. I wanted to see if anyone dropped a F series of my vintage off, you know, some fresh pickins'. They had a van or two also. Shouldn't be too hard to find a C6 out there. All the seats were shot too, no good benches that hadn't been exposed to the elements.

Supposed to be below freezing this weekend too. I can't wait for spring and some decent shade tree weather.

Old 01-30-2004, 11:25 AM
Officer SportTrac
Junior User
Congrats to the Kansas Chapter

Old 01-31-2004, 06:01 PM
seventysixer
Senior User
Ok, went to the U-wrench it today and they had an FE in one of their trucks, carb already gone. The truck I was waiting for had rusted doors

It also had a 460 with a 4bbl, I was so let down about the doors and the FE being a 2bbl that I didn't think about snagging the 4bbl off the 460 until I was half way home. That's what I get for being imature.

Lots of Crown Vics with EFI 302s, not my kinda engine though. Looks like a good chunk of the 400s that were there two weeks ago went to the crusher, what a shame. No good bench seats either. There is a short box stepside box that is salvageable for a late '70s truck though. Probably would have to talk them down in price if you saw it you would know what I mean.

There is the junkyard report for KC. Sure was busy, everyone trying to beat the snow I guess.

Old 02-09-2004, 01:14 PM
FordManDJ
Elder User
Hi Mo brothers , just dropping a line to say hey. Glad to be here hope the new KS chapeter will be a nice addition to the FTE community

Search this Thread