Garage & Workshop Tips & Ideas for the garage or workshop. No Truck Tech Discussion   

New Shop

Old 02-16-2004, 11:54 PM
Smokem'
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Shop

After what was an eternity of bargaining, we are finally putting up a new shop this spring.
My dad is buying it and he doesn't like the idea of pole buildings at all. He wants radiant floor heating, and a nice setup.

So, what do you guys recommend? he's talking to a orton rep of friday but are there any other brands or something we should be looking at? he wants to go all out. to the 9's whatever he see's he wants. it's gonna be nice, but he wants me to find building info and i am lost so please help a brother out.

Old 02-17-2004, 12:13 AM
Torque1st
Posting Legend
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
Read thru the threads here. There are several on shop equipment, HVAC, tools, utilities, and construction.

Old 02-17-2004, 08:30 AM
Paso1
Tuned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
you won't regret going to radiant floor heating. I have a 30 x30 gas heated shop and I thought that was the cat's a$$. Then I put a 18 x24 addition with floor heating what a differance. It is fantastic.

Old 02-17-2004, 09:53 AM
rander101
Senior User
Smokem:

I've got a Morton building as a horse barn. Morton buildings are about the best you can get. You can design them in all kinds of ways and almost any size you want. They are very well engineered and well built. Mine has stood up to near hurricane winds and had no damage at all.

If you use Morton you will be responsible for building the base pad and concrete floors. You can either pour the floor before or after the building is built. In either case radiant heating tubes can be included in the concrete. Also there are a couple of options for insulating them. If you haven't done it yet check Morton out on the internet at < http://www.mortonbuildings.com/ >

RussA

Old 02-20-2004, 12:59 PM
Smokem'
Senior User
yeah, no doubt about morton being good, but my dad would rather spend that 20k on modifying his new truck and not on another shop to park it in. they just tooooo high.

Search this Thread