Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150 SVT Ford F150 Lightning, Roush, Saleen and other performance F150's

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-20-2004, 10:53 PM
New User
Garage is empty, add now

blwilson103 is starting off with a positive reputation.
fuel mileage

i know that this isn't a big concern, but i am thinking about buying a lightning and was just wondering what kind of mpg they get. my drive would be mostly highway.
Old 01-21-2004, 09:15 AM
Freshman User
Garage is empty, add now

skylinegtr is starting off with a positive reputation.
fuel mileage

i get about 14 mpg on strickly highway driving at about 80-85 mph but that is the best i can get drops considereabley around town.

ps. that was when my truck was stock. after a chip mod you should get less fuel milage depending on your program.

as take into consideration i only have about 1800 miles on the truck. i test drove a hemi ram and the best highway milage i saw (according to the trip computer) is about 12 mpg on the highway at 65 mph.

the lightning is a very cool truck but if you are concerned about paying for the gas . you most likely cannot afford to own the truck. i mean all full size pickup trucks are gas hogs highway or not.

i hope this helps

91' Supercoupe 2 many mods to list
Old 01-21-2004, 09:18 AM
New User
Garage is empty, add now

blwilson103 is starting off with a positive reputation.
i am not really concerned about paying for gas i was just woundering. I am looking at buying an 04 mystichrome cobra, f-super duty more than likely a v10, or a lightning
Old 01-21-2004, 06:17 PM
Freshman User
Garage is empty, add now

skylinegtr is starting off with a positive reputation.
ok well all of those in my mind are gas hogs the cobra will most likely give you the best milage. but then again its not a truck .

good luck

91' Supercoupe 2 many mods to list
Old 01-21-2004, 06:17 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150

Tags
ford, highway, lightning, mileage