General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

where does everyone live...

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2002, 03:53 AM
DFB2004
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 30-Jun-02 AT 04:56 AM (EST)]Born and raised Simi Valley, Southern Cali 45 minutes out of LA and 30 minutes off the beach
Safest city in the nation and one of the most boring places to grow up. oh' well, plenty of good mt bikin round here and no shortage of sun
http://www.simivalley.com/galleries/albums/album03/aaf.jpg

Old 06-30-2002, 02:08 PM
FourByFour
New User

Germany.. I beautiful place.. Roads are a little small for a 250, but it is all good...

Old 06-30-2002, 03:30 PM
4x4300i6
New User

I was born in Manhaten New York raise all over nevada,alaska,rhode island,florida,gorgia and now im currently liveing in MENOMINEE MICHIGAN HOME OF THE 1998 CLASS BB STATE FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS it is right on the edge of the border between wisconsin and michigan a 2 minute walk and your on a diffrent state lots of mud and lots of big trucks and the best part 85% are fords and they have the mud on them all the chevyslook like they would make it off road but they are smart they wont chance it they stay in town on the pavement

David Tonkin
86'f-150 300i6 4x4 33x12.50 interco tsl thornbirds
all the mud is fun and games till a chevy shows up then it is work
the work is we have to pull him out

"if its running good save your money for parts because its to good to be true"

Old 07-01-2002, 06:19 AM
enduringexplorer
Elder User

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 01-Jul-02 AT 07:20 AM (EST)]White lake, Michigan, which is about 25 miles northwest of Detroit, crime, and scum capital of the world.

Hey, all you people in southern California!!! Is the climate there a fair trade off for the traffic, fires, mudslides, and earthquakes? I have never been to Ca, but hope to visit someday.

Tim

Old 07-02-2002, 02:32 AM
DailyDriver
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 07-02-2002, 04:05 AM
DailyDriver
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 02-Jul-02 AT 06:00 AM (EST)]>Hey, all you people in southern California!!! Is the
>climate there a fair trade off for the traffic, fires,
>mudslides, and earthquakes? I have never been to Ca, but
>hope to visit someday.
>
>Tim

The climate is a little dry now, so we have a dangerous fire season. The mud slides only happen when the fires burn off all the vegetation on the hill sides and the rain washes the earth into the sea. (someone once said California would fall into the ocean...ummm). Maybe a few fancy homes to go with it. (reminds me of a story about a man who builds his house upon the sand). Oh well. That means that there is more electricity to go around. Earthquakes come and go but the traffic is here to stay. And watch out for those endangered criters. If you accidentlly run over one you could end up in jail. Sure come visit us sometime. Just don't bring your guns, you might get them confiscated at the border. You can't bring any fruit either. We have all the fruit & nuts we can stand anyway. Got asthma? Stay indoors when the sky turns brown. Usually in the afternoon. Looking for excitement? Take a drive on the so. Ca. freeway system. Best time is in the morning or evening. Make a few friends, exchange a few hand signals. Got money? Gas prices are higher here than just about anywhere in the nation. Smoke? The cigarett tax will probably go up too along with everything else. Hey, our state government needs the money. Got religion? You will be in the minority group. Prepare to defend yourself and your faith. ("Be of good cheer for I am with you until the end of days"). HALLELUJAH! If your liberal, you'll have many friends. If your conservative you'll have many enemys. (politicaly speaking). Got milk? Happy cows come from California. So they tell me. Other than that, So. California is a great place to visit, (it's the cheese), but you don't want to live here.

Old 07-02-2002, 04:19 AM
whitebenz
Posting Guru

Daily Driver,

I have visited your state and lets just say it is good to be home.

dj