Montana Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Sailor_Roy

Logo and/or T-shirt

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2004, 09:36 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
OK... since this topic has been dead for a while, it's time I brought it back.

OK guys, since I am in the process of designing a tee shirt for the NW MT meet this August I'd possibly like to incorporate the drifters logo into the design. Now, my imagination has been working a bit overtime on this...again since the topic/design appears to be a dead subject.

I envision a design that doesn't necessarily need to have each states name on it. If we think of the original " High Plains Drifter", wasn't that a Clint Eastwood movie? I believe it was. ( correct me if I am wrong )

I'd like to see a design of a "horseman", head down...lazily drifting along..mounted on ... yes... of all things.... his horse. This can be a black silhouette of the horse and rider, with a tad hint of the plains. Maybe I'll try to draw one or find one on the net. Then on top and in a circular manner we have " High Plains" and on the bottom "Drifters". I thought about a cowboy mounted on a Ford truck, but that image sounds a bit overdone and hard to do. Any comments?

In the mean time, I'll look at finding an image. If I can find one I'll use my word program to do the lettering. As soon as I come up with something, I'll post it here.

Old 05-25-2004, 04:12 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

I've found a couple pretty cool pictures of a horseman silhouette. One is a black silhouette inside a large moon and the other is a colorful background with a black silhouette. Either one, with "High Plains" on top and "Drifters" on the bottom, would look pretty snazzy as a logo and on a tee shirt. As soon as we get our own album, I'll post a pic of each...and maybe by then I'll have the wording incorporated onto the picture too.

You guys need to give me some feedback. I don't want to seem like I'm dictating things here. Anyway...as soon as I get a couple pics done, maybe I can email them to Matt and he can post them here for all to appraise.

Last edited by Fordlover1951; 05-25-2004 at 04:14 PM. Reason: word correction that spellcheck didn't catch
Old 05-25-2004, 06:40 PM
Matts72
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I think it should say High Plains Drifters across the top... with MT chapter on the bottom.

Old 05-25-2004, 08:32 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

The pics I sent don't specifically say Mt Chapter, North or South Dakota Chapter, etc, since we are all one chapter for the time being.

I made the pictures generic so that they would fit all of the states in the Drifters. But... changes can be made. The admins did say that once we have our leader elected, we can do pretty much what we want to. I'll give that idea some thought for individual states so that if someone wants to print it out and make a tee shirt they can. All I have to do is send them the correct file. But..for a general Drifters logo, I kinda favor the Drifters 3 picture because it prints out the best.

Tomorrow nite, after finally getting some sleep, I will probably come up with some other lettering or designs, but I thought I'd toss these first three right away. ( Yeah, yeah..I'm a gung ho leader..but I'm having fun anyway.)