Where did everybody go?

Old 01-11-2004, 04:39 PM
MrBean1130
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where did everybody go?

Where is everyone? Strick hasnt posted in over a month? Everybody left!

Old 01-12-2004, 04:39 AM
Jimmy Dean
Postmaster
Strick posted a few dys ago, that is the only post I have seen from him in a while though

OK, so it has been over a month, no idea...Strick and I really need to talk to him about this trip.

Old 01-12-2004, 09:04 AM
true4.2
Postmaster
I'm not sure where the heck Tom went. Shane pops up every once in a while. Shane was one of the few people that was going to Houston for sure. I hope he comes back soon.

Old 01-12-2004, 10:57 AM
sigma
Senior User
Yea, I don’t think we’ve heard anything from Tom since he went off on that cruise for the holidays. Hope everything’s well, and he is not sitting in some Bahamas Jail or something….

Old 01-12-2004, 11:19 AM
paulv107
Senior User
I visit this forum daily, but since so far I don't have any problems with my truck and I don't know much of the technical stuff, I rarely reply unless it is something that I do know about. Which isn't very much.

I noticed even a month ago when I started posting here, this forum was usually pretty busy.

Old 01-13-2004, 01:44 AM
BlueOvalFitter
Cargo Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Paul,you think we should go intentionally tear up something on our trucks then post how to fix it here? That would get some responses.

Old 01-13-2004, 07:28 AM
Busa01
Postmaster
I'm still here everyone, and NOT in Jail in the Bahama's. I just usually post at work and it's been very busy here, and you know how consuming this site can be. Sometimes I can spend all day posting on it and never get any work done, so I had to take a brake.

Plus, It's hunting season here so I've been spending alot of my internet time searching for and buying hunting equipment. My truck got SOOOOOOOOO stuck out in the everglades last weekend that we had to wade through 5 miles of aligator infested waters up to our waists in 40 degree weather in pich black. Took us 2 hours to reach a road, where we were able to find a swamp buggy to pull me out.

Yesterday, I ordered a second set of rock rims and Super Swampers 32" and a lift kit. I'm tossing those on so I don't get stuck again. I'm going to convert my truck into a TRUCK and not a lowered racing car. I'll keep the nitrous in it, but basically just for fun. I won't be racing it at moroso any more, however, i can easily toss on the Kumho's and still take it to Moroso for some fun.

After I put the Super Swampers on, I'll take a few pics and post them on the site. Should look pretty cool.

Tom

Old 01-13-2004, 07:42 AM
true4.2
Postmaster
That's pretty sweet Tom. Glad to see you're ok bud!

Old 01-13-2004, 08:13 AM
Busa01
Postmaster
Thanks Joe,

Yeah, remember I was always saying that I wasn't sure which route I wanted to take with my truck, regarding either lowering it or raising it? Well, this weekend turned the light on for me and made me clearly see which way I want to take my truck, as far as customizing it. High, High, High....up up up up and away. I'll start off with just a little cheap raise and work my way up from there. My Swampers are coming from 4wheelparts.com (california) so it's going to take them probably 2 weeks to get here via truck, already mounted and balanced. Then I'll have 2 sets of wheels.

I'm thinking that maybe I'll want to sell my stock 17" wheels with the Kumhos and just start lifting the truck. Not sure yet.

Anyway, talk to ya soon.

Tom

Old 01-13-2004, 12:42 PM
horizonhuskies
Posting Guru
Tom, you thinking of getting bigger gears for the new tires? I found an AWESOME deal for 4.56 gears An entire 8.8" rear end with em. Kinda crazy. I also found some cheap 4.10's Lemme know via email bro.

Garrett

Old 01-13-2004, 12:52 PM
Busa01
Postmaster
I have the 4.10's and I think they'll be OK for the 32" tires. I'll lose alot of that juicy off the line speed going up from the 29's i'm running now, but still should be pretty good. I see alot of fun coming up in my crystal ball. Lift kits, accessories, mudding, gear changes....lot's of neat stuff. I'm really excited that I finally figured out what I want to do with my truck.

I think, after I wear out these 32" Swampers, I'll toss on some 36 ers' with 4.56 gears and a 6" lift kit. It's hard to tell though.

I'm just going to wait until the tires and wheels come in and toss them on the truck with the 2" lift spacers up front and see what it looks like. If it looks great, I'm going to leave it until I wear these tires out (205.00 per tire). Then I'll ad the 6" lift kit and toss on a set of 36" Swampers, Warn winch, lighted roll bar, grill guard with lights.....ahhhh, the possibilities are endless.

By the way, did you ever get the supercharger kit installed Garrett??

Tom

Old 01-13-2004, 12:57 PM
horizonhuskies
Posting Guru
A machine shop closed right before Xmas (the blasphemous terds) And the kit was incomplete. Supposedly will be all set to ship out Weds, and I SHOULD get it on Friday. That way I can use the long weekend to work on the truck. Then, I can get a dyno that week, send it off to Ken, and get a chip. Not too shabby!!!! Im so stoked though...I am imagining 300HP at the fly...sooo keep your fingers crossed

Old 01-13-2004, 01:00 PM
Busa01
Postmaster
You think you'll get it installed in one weekend?? Take your time please and don't screw it up cause it looks kinda' complicated to me. I mean, it took me a week to install my nos.

tom

Old 01-14-2004, 09:47 AM
Jimmy Dean
Postmaster
Tom is your truck a 4x4 or 2x4? apparantly you cannot decide what you want in your truck? Taht is why I am buying a 78 Bronc in a few weeks, got to go to illinois to pick it up.....

BTW, I am about to lose internet at work guys, tehre goes 99 % of my postin I will try and keep up with it on weelends or sometime. thanks.

Old 01-14-2004, 09:54 AM
Busa01
Postmaster
My trucks a 2x4 with posi lock rear, meaning 2 tires have traction at once....Exact same thing as a standard 4x4, which isn't really a 4x4. I don't even know why they call them that.

Standard 4x4's have no posi in the front or rear, so when you engage the 4 wheel drive, the tranny sends power to the transfer case up front and in the rear. The front and rear transfer cases, not being posi, supply the power to the tire with the LEAST amount of traction. So basically you have one tire spinning up front and one in the back, both of which have the lesser of the traction than the greater.

So, in essence, one might say that a true 2x4 posi lock rear actually has greater traction capabilities than a standard non-posi 4x4.

MOST 4x4's are non posi lock.

Jeep Wrangler in 4 wheel drive low, is probably one of the only TRUE 4 wheel drive vehicles on the market.

That's how we got stuck last weekend in the mud with my buddies Z71 4x4. Even in low, only 2 tires had power. One in the front and one in the rear, and each one was the tire with the LEAST amount of traction.

I think a good posi lock rear will have more traction than a standard 4x4, in my opinion.

We'll find out for sure once I put them tires on and take it mudding. That will be the true test.

Tom

ps. Jimmy, don't go disapearing on us now, ok?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Where did everybody go?