NOTE: The tire pressure monitoring system is not affected by wheel and tire rotation.
NOTE: The tire pressure sensor training procedure must be done on a single vehicle, in an area without radio frequency (RF) noise.
RF noise is generated by electrical motor and appliance operation, cellular telephones, and remote transmitters.
1. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
2. Turn the ignition switch from the OFF position to the RUN position three times, ending in the RUN position. Do not wait more than two minutes between each key cycle.
3. Press and release the brake pedal.
4. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
5. Turn the ignition switch from the OFF position to the RUN position three times, ending in the RUN position. Do not wait more than two minutes between each key cycle.
6. Wen the message center displays "TRAIN LEFT FRONT TIRE", place the magnet on the valve stem of the LF tire pressure sensor. The horn will sound briefly to indicate that the tire pressure sensor has been recognized by the TPMS module.
7. Within two minutes after the horn sounds, place the magnet on the valve stem of the RF tire pressure sensor.
NOTE: If the TPMS module does not recognize any one of the five tire pressure sensors during the tire training procedure, the horn will sound twice and the message center will display "TIRE TRAINING MODE INCOMPLETE" and the procedure must be repeated.
8. eat Step 7 for the RR, LR, and spare tires.
When the tire training procedure is complete, the horn will sound once and the message center will display "TIRE TRAINING MODE COMPLETE".
The only tool you need for this is "Activation Tool, Tire Pressure Monitor 204-324" which sounds like a magnet that screws onto the valve stem.
Unfortunatly the system only says: Tire Very Low, Check Tire Pressure, Check Spare Tire Pressure, or Tire Pressure Sensor Fault.
The service manual is from Ebay. If you search for 03 Ford DVD you will find it.
Mine is the 03-04 version (September Version 8)
The only drawback of the DVD is it "expires" so you have to set your computers clock back to use it. Each version "expires" a month after it's released. So when I use mine, I just set my clock back a year.
Originally posted by daveplot The only drawback of the DVD is it "expires" so you have to set your computers clock back to use it.
I got an official Ford Facotry Service DVD (the same one used by techs at Ford dealerships) by making a donation to the folks at Flatratetech.com. I got mine mid-year last year and it covers all Ford products produced between 96' & 03' and I have not experienced any type of expiration problem with it!
Michael - 99' Expedition XLT
I have this issue wiht our expy - can someone tell me where to get this magnet or other devise that allows me to rest the sensors? I bought a set of navigator wheels with the sensors in and though tthey would just work -- now i need to reset them.
2005 Expy EB, Dark Stone, DVD, Climate Seats, Powerfolds, 3.73 LS Diff
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford® is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.