Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Abs Light Off !!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2004, 06:46 AM
AllFords1022
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Abs Light Off !!

you guys are not going to belive this, this is an update to my other posts about abs light on, well here is what happened,for months i have trying to figure out why the abs light was on, it wasent so much that the light on ,it was the horrible shake from highway speeds that made me crazy, so yesterday in 15 degree weather i went under the truck to to find out what was wrong,by the way i said i would to it today but today the temp in south jersey is 3 degrees !!anyway the first thing i checked was the electrical connection to the abs control on the chassis, when i pulled it apart brake fluid and water started to pour from the connection,i guess the water got there from driving in deep puddles but the brake fluid was comming from the unit itself, (where the wires enter the control unit) . so after cleaning the connections there and cleaning the speed sensor in the rear the light went out, and the truck doesent shake as bad...but the unit is definitly shot...so theres my culprit