Montana Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Sailor_Roy

Introductions.

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2004, 10:55 PM
Opiewan
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello , my name is Opie. ( i have heard all the jokes so don't try )
I live here in southeast iowa, right along the mississippi river. I am 37 years old have a wife and two kids, and in 8 years my truck becomes my sons. A few of you have already talked with me in other post's on here. I am currently the office nerd for DECKER Truck lines in Sperry Iowa. I am really a truck driver but several months ago i ripped a tendon in my arm and have been driving a desk ever since. I have to admit though it kinda makes for an easy job making coffee answering the phone and screwing off in the shop. I was a chevy guy all my life, i have built monsters out of toys, my little S-10 blazer got a 305 V-8 slammed into and a lift and i tore up every mud bog around this area, a dozen or so years ago i took an el camino and made an 11 second car out of it. But then 2 short years ago my father asked me if i would like to buy his truck from him for $500, he was getting older and didnt have the strength to work on it, or much less drive it anymore, so i bought it. It is a 1970 F-250 Camper Special. For the first few months i was confused as hell and couldnt figure out anything on it. Then while doing a google for FORD Wiring i stumbled accross this here site. Since then many people have helped me fix things, one person i cant thank enough is ratsmoker, he always seems to push me in the right direction, he seems pretty smart for a guy who lives in missouri anyway lol. I got my truck running pretty good now ( see my gallery , pictures are before all the chrome )
I am building a garage this summer 30 X 24 in my back yard, when it is finished my truck gets pulled in and is going to get stripped all the way to the frame, I already have a C-6 sitting on my porch waiting to replace my aging one, and the 360 going to become a 390. I am shaving everything and tilting the front clip too. I might replace the cab with a fiberglass one i found online and might replace the front clip with a fiberglass one as well. Although my body is in great shape, it is the weight i want to lose. A fiberglass cab weighs just 55 pounds. I have been everywhere in the 14 yars i drove over the road, including Billings where i have a very good friend who used to live here, i stop and see him from time to time ( matt your supposed to look up the number for me ) and used to always go thru bismark to the CAT dealer there, so maybe when i get all fixed up i can stop and see your truck. also if any one needs any special part, i know a guy in rockwell city iowa that strips down ford trucks as a hobby and can usually find a rare part or a much needed part at a decent price. It is nice to finnaly have our own little home here at FTE, pay your membership dues and support this great site...

Old 01-24-2004, 11:18 PM
Matts72
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I keep forgetting to call that guy, I get so dang busy during the day, but this week should be clear, its snowing like mad right now yay.
What was his name and your email, you can email it to me, this username at hotmail.com

Old 01-25-2004, 12:20 PM
mt78Lariat
Senior User
Hello all, my names Todd, I live in Billings Mt, and although I will drive other brands, Fords are my passion. I modify everything I drive, cant leave anything alone. I try to do all my own mechanical work as well as bodywork and paint.

Ive got two current projects, the first is a 78 Ranger Lariat 4x4. Its been in the restoring stage for over 5 years now, its close to being painted and put back together and driven.,

The other progect is a 75 Crew Cab 4x2, besides changing to p/s, tilt column, and the drivetrain to a 400 a/t, im goin to add cruise and a/c, then straighten and paint.

I really like the idea of the group and club.....

Old 01-25-2004, 02:02 PM
swann79
Posting Guru
Yeah, we're being overrun!

That's OK, I'm happy just to be able to say I belong to a forum right now...

Old 01-25-2004, 02:55 PM
swann79
Posting Guru
I agree, it's way too early for a split. Maybe later down the line if the forum starts to get too crowded, then it might be time to think about it. I like it the way it is right now though.

No need for another moderator yet, either.

Unless you're having a hard time handling the workload, Matt. I know we are a pretty wild bunch!

Old 01-25-2004, 03:04 PM
Matts72
Post Fiend
I was just saying if you wanted another mod for the Iowa guys. I have a feeling they will be the ones that get split if anything.

Old 01-25-2004, 03:20 PM
fatherdoug
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The only thing that separates us is a border. I can handle that!

Old 01-26-2004, 10:30 PM
Wyoming10
Freshman User
I'm new to this great and very informative site. My name is Dal I've lived in Wyoming all my life. I used to run the machine shop for CarQuest in Riverton and I've wrenched on cars all my life... (Grew up in a service station, in the 60's.) I'm 42 and I've owed 10-12 different Ford trucks... I own 4 right now. My oldest son just bought a 65 to bring us up to 5. I've lived in Eden, Bedford, Green River, Riverton, Laramie, and I now live in Cheyenne. (All Wyoming of course)

Old 01-26-2004, 10:43 PM
Matts72
Post Fiend
Welcome Dal.

There are a few guys from that area, I am more familiar with north eastern WY.

Sounds like you will fit in with our mostly older fords crowd.

Old 02-01-2004, 09:26 PM
79redranger
Senior User
The names Haupert, Jason Haupert. I'm from Jefferson, IA too and i know 78fordman. That incident with his folk's diesel was funny. Every redneck in green co. and their dog was down there watching, or even the brave ones, hooking their 4x4s up and trying to pull him out. I should get the pictures in my gallery sometime.
Life is pretty slow around here. 78fordman recommended this site to me, and so far it's been pretty good to me. I don't really know too much in depth about trucks, but this FT.com has helped out lots.
FT.com should last forever.

Old 02-02-2004, 08:28 AM
78fordman
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
10-4 hose

Old 02-13-2004, 09:45 PM
Ds7776
Senior User
hey there hi there ho there all, My name is Dan im 19 and hail from the Janklow intersection area, i went to school in janklows hometown. Flandreau, i hate that town. my home town is the one 3 miles from the "intersection" in fact i drive throuch that intersection alot used to be every day. wanna know something really funny at the stop that janklow ran someone put a sticker on it that says "Janklow kills" ill have to post a picture of it.

Anyways i grew on my the farm on which i still live and need to move out as my mom drives me up the wall. I didnt go to the army like i planned as my dad got sick during harvest hes better now. I was hoping hed buy a new Ford pivkup and sell me his old 78 F150 4x4. But with the med bills maybe next year.

I guess i have enough pickups... for now i own 7. my first a 1966 f100 long bed 352 4speed. dad bought it for me 4 1/2 years ago. 2 parts pickups a 73 f100 longbed 2wd 302 a/t and 77 f150 longbed 302 a/t bought each for the low price of free! my dads old 76 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4 full time longbed 360 a/t which he gave to me, and my baby a 77 F150 Custom longbed a/t 4x4 part time with a shot 400 soon to be replaced with a 460. a 1960s econoline pickup of which i know nothing about its sat in our shed for longer ive been around grandpa gave it to me. and another 76 F150 4x4 full time dead 360 a/t my mudder saved from the crusher for $40.00 yes 40.

This has been a good day for me i got my computer back from the fixer got my first snowmobile a 1998 Arctic Cat powder Special 600 a big improvement over my dads 1974 AC 440. And i come in from riding get on the internet find the High Plains Drifters alright!

Anyways that is my exitement for the day.

Old 03-10-2004, 09:16 PM
fellro86
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, if you all don't mind, I'll just jump into your group here, I'm a HPD at heart, as it is where I have spent most of my 33 almost 34 years. I grew up just outside of Marengo, Iowa, 7 west of the infamous Amana Clonies. I moved to South Dakota in July, 1995, and stayed finally in Iroquois for up til last fall, when I moved to the farm here in Missouri ( still tease my wife and call it Misery ), but I still spend time at my parents near Marengo. I loved it in South Dakota, but back surgery and financial problems took over, and the inlaws offered us to live on the farm here, so gotta do what you gotta do.... But so far, I have participated on your side of the line more than I can get out of these Missouri guys, but I guess, I'm only south of the line by 15 miles, and am Iowan by birth, so go figure....

Old 03-10-2004, 10:41 PM
mtflat
Lead Driver

Received 331 Likes on 255 Posts
Welcome fellro86, HPD is a state of mind - right?

Besides that Missouri and Montana are next to each other in the Atlas.... plus, you've got a good sized chunk of Rte 66 there to brag about. I've driven part of it - south of St. Louis - in my '48 pickup about 2 years ago. I was running with a guy in a '46 sedan.......ah, memories!

Old 03-11-2004, 11:39 AM
fellro86
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks, Tim, (that happens to be the same name as a very close friend of mine) I haven't wandered that far south yet, stick close to the plains, but I think it's pretty cool that the Hot Rod Power Tour is passing within 30 miles of my place, going from St Louis to Davenport, have to sit with the digital recorder running.

Quick Reply: Introductions.