6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

had enough, got a lawyer today

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2004, 10:35 PM
tompdog
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
had enough, got a lawyer today

i've had my truck about a year. in the shop 15 times. rear seal once, oil still leaks, have the transmission out now along with engine, they say the "bed pan" is leaking. anyway, they are measuring some stuff in the engine and thinking of replacing the engine, but i was told it would be a refurbished engine. i've been without my truck 39 days today and counting in less than a year. i talked to the regional manager and he said no way ford would buy my truck back. i told him it would be a lemon under the TN lemon law. (30 days in one year in the shop). he said no way for me to let them repair it again. i told him i might get a lawyer and he hung up on me. needless to say i was a little perturbed. i called a lawyer today and hope to get this started next week.
thanks for all your help.

Old 01-10-2004, 09:30 AM
mrcobra350
Senior User
Sounds like they need to fire that service manager and hire one that will help keep customers satisfied. Not all dealers are the same. And not all are well informed. Good luck. Sorry to hear you had to take it that far . Have you called the Customer Assistance number in your owners manual.

Old 01-10-2004, 09:45 AM
"Luke" SdeS
Elder User
Publish the names of dealerships who..

Let us know who the dealership is.......perceived Good dealers should be complimented on sites such as this, as well as less than responsible dealerships named here as well.

Last edited by "Luke" SdeS; 01-10-2004 at 09:47 AM.
Old 01-10-2004, 10:52 AM
tompdog
New User
it wasn't the service manager that was rude, it was the regional manager. i'm sure ford trains them to get off the phone when someone says lawyer, but from reading on this website he should understand that i deserve a new truck. i hate that it had to go this far as well. we'll see what happens.

Old 01-10-2004, 11:27 AM
SBV45
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Tompdog, there is a process that you should use for resolving issues. I have found that Ford responds fairly well if you use the process. Have you talked to the Service Manager? Have you called the Ford Customer relations? The process is in your Owner Manual. I am sure the lawyer is going to want to see the paper trail on phone calls, meetings, etc. I hope you have been keeping notes.

I also don't think that Ford or the dealers monitor this website or others.

Good luck! Let us know what the lawyer says.

Old 01-10-2004, 12:26 PM
uponyou21
Senior User
tompdog,
WHAT KIND OF TRUCK DO U HAVE????

Old 01-10-2004, 01:52 PM
tompdog
New User
2003 6.0 liter f-250 4X4 crewcab everything is stock. no mods at all.

Old 01-10-2004, 05:58 PM
BenRosey
Junior User
Hit them hard and get what you deserve.

Old 01-10-2004, 08:16 PM
ck1404
Tuned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
How is Ford going to keep covering up these problems? I don't think the stock market and/or the Ford analysts have a clue. I read somewhere that Ford has bought back 25% of the original 6.0 PSD trucks built. That is simply hard to imagine and not sure, but could very well set a record for a manufacturer buying back vehicles. I would sure push for a new truck - suspect you'll get one with a mileage allowance deducted. Good luck and keep us advised.

Old 01-10-2004, 08:37 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
No, Ford hasn't bought back 25%. Maybe someone's wishful thinking and they passed that (mis)information to you, but its certainly not true.

Old 01-10-2004, 08:43 PM
steele138
Freshman User
FORD ARE YOU OUT THERE?????
Read this and realize I can feel safe in saying these responses are from people who most often are easy going reasonable people. BUT we have been pushed to extreme measures because you have ignored us BS'd us, lied to us and told us to shut up and take it. Look in our garages, most house more than 1 Ford vehicle; would you like to reverse this trend? You are well on your way. We collectively have paid millions to you for a product that has not lived up to its reputation. Each of us has dug deep in our pockets for these trucks. I suggest you listen to our single voices; we are finding and educating each other: as each single voice joins we get louder.
You can't ignore this forever, we won't go away.
WE JUST WANT YOU TO PROPERLY TAKE CARE OF THIS SITUATION !
You created this mess now clean it up.

Old 01-10-2004, 10:30 PM
aharleybe
Junior User
YOU GO steel138 !!!! I wonder if push comes to shove if we can make a case for buy backs just on the merits of lost pilot injection,lost power, lower MPG,and a known defective part left in that has the potential to destroy our engines(I:E injectors c94) My truck as it sits now is not the truck ford advertised !!!

Old 01-10-2004, 10:52 PM
ck1404
Tuned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Irregardless of Webmaster comments, there are folks talking about big buy-backs on the pre-April, 2003 PSD vehicles. Hard to know the real numbers - Ford knows, won't tell. Just like the problems with recent OHC gas engines in their trucks. It would be nice if the manufacturer faced their problems and worked with their customer and dealers too for that matter to resolve them.

But, just like a lot of problems with Ford's latest trucks and cars too for that matter - corporate would like to sweep this one under the rug. Guess the newer PSD trucks are OK for the most part - probably fall under that less than 1% factory defect margin. I think the ones that folks talk about on this site are the early ones and Ford really is buying back a lot of them. These vehicles cost way too much now and then to buy a new one and to have it disappoint to the extreme that seems to be happening with these new diesels - I think that's a little more than even an American should tolerate.

Old 01-11-2004, 11:00 AM
SBV45
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Posting an emotional response to Ford on this forum is preaching to the chior. I really don't think Ford pays a whole lot of attention to this forum either.

The only real approach to these problems is to collect facts and information and approach Ford with the data. If all of us followed the process outlined in your owners manual, it would have greater impact.

Sharing the information here is a great tool. The reason Ford has not issued recalls on a lot of this stuff is the numbers don't support a recall. It costs less to deal with this on individual basis. How many 6.0L PSD total owners are members of this forum. I would suspect it is a small percentage.

Collect the facts and follow the process and let's keep sharing the info.

Old 01-11-2004, 12:27 PM
"Luke" SdeS
Elder User
Fm aharleybe

buy backs just on the merits of [u]lost (removal of) pilot injection,(resulting in) lost power, (&) lower MPG,and (having personal/corporate knowledge of) a known defective part left in that has the potential to destroy our engines( or even blow up/fire issues) ((I:E injectors c94)) My truck as it sits now is not the truck ford advertised !!!
Single ()s are mine...All very good arguments and issues to remember....

Just a thought.....my perception........

Quick Reply: had enough, got a lawyer today