Montana Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Sailor_Roy

Moderator.

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2004, 07:36 PM
Matts72
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I sure do try!

I appreciate the vote, I guess the big part is now being accepted by the current FTE moderators.

Old 01-10-2004, 07:39 PM
Matts72
Post Fiend
Dennis did all the work, and I appreciate that, I guess he just needed a cattle prod to the butt to get it done.

Old 01-10-2004, 08:31 PM
swann79
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know what you mean, my wife needs it all the time!

Old 01-10-2004, 11:13 PM
theologian
Postmaster
You have to be accepted by the other moderators, how roman..

Theo

Old 01-10-2004, 11:16 PM
Matts72
Post Fiend
Its all a friendly democracy.

Thats okay though, I wouldn't want to be moderator if I knew that there were a bunch of people that didn't want me to be here. I am not in the know if there are any moderators that don't want me here.

Old 01-10-2004, 11:39 PM
Ratsmoker
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
You have my nomination Matt for what ever it might be worth.

Old 01-10-2004, 11:46 PM
Matts72
Post Fiend
Hey, its everything to me.

I really appreciate it. FTE is the reason I get up in the morning, I suppose if I had a job, I would have to alternate my time around so that I wouldn't have to sleep.

Old 01-11-2004, 03:16 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by theologian
You have to be accepted by the other moderators, how roman..

Theo
I have to concur with that. If someone is willing to do a good job as moderator, then why not? I know I got off to a horribly rotten start on FTE and am probably on someones list, so if moderator approval is what ya need..lol..guess I'll never be a moderator here. But thats OK too. I've moderated a group .. used to be a club ... in yahoo for 5 years, so I know the trials and tribulations of dealing with the public... especially when ya get someone like me come in and immediately misunderstand whats going on and then goes and gets all snippy.

All in all, there's one moderator/ admin. who went out of his way to mellow me out... and succeeded. My thanks to him are still greatly appreciated, because... holds to be completely true.

Old 01-11-2004, 03:30 PM
Matts72
Post Fiend
I think the moderators are too busy to be holding grudges, and even a simple reprimand isn't enough, there are a lot of moderators, and they are all given an equal oppurtunity to vote, this was explained to me, I hope I am getting it right. So one moderator that doesn't like you can't prevent the others from voting you in.

Old 01-12-2004, 01:33 PM
68torino
Posting Guru
I can moderate or even assist in moderation, I know where to get a deal on those rulers the nuns used to use. :-staun

Old 01-12-2004, 05:56 PM
swann79
Posting Guru
I think you have to know how to use a pistol, too.

Old 01-13-2004, 03:53 AM
RRMike
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by mattsbox99
I think the moderators are too busy to be holding grudges, and even a simple reprimand isn't enough, there are a lot of moderators, and they are all given an equal oppurtunity to vote, this was explained to me, I hope I am getting it right. So one moderator that doesn't like you can't prevent the others from voting you in.
It's not exactly like that. First we start the pagan ritual with some pig's blood and scrying stones.....

I gave you the nod also Matt simply because I'm familliar with your posts and not familliar with the other two fine gentlemen who also have had great things said about them (super...[need to shorten that thing if you get the job]) and MtFlat? I think.

However it turns out I wouldn't be suprised if you and Superranger are both mods in some forum or another before long based on what I've read. The final decisions are made by the admin's with our input. It's not exactly perfectly democratic but we get our say.

I know I got off to a horribly rotten start on FTE and am probably on someones list, so if moderator approval is what ya need..lol..guess I'll never be a moderator here.
I got several reprimands when I first joined about off topic discussion and profanity and such but they didn't hold it against me. Just because you've had a scrape or two doesn't disqualify you. It doesn't take every moderator to support you just so long as one does not have a strong objection for good reason from what I can tell from my short time moderating.

Anyway I'm sure either one of you will do a great job but don't get discouraged if you don't get it because there's other things going on and only good things have been said about all three of you guys. Not one negative comment, just different people mentioning who they're most familliar with and and who they think would do a good job.

Have a nice day!

Old 01-13-2004, 09:35 AM
mtflat
Lead Driver

Received 331 Likes on 255 Posts
quote: "I gave you the nod also Matt simply because I'm familliar with your posts and not familliar with the other two fine gentlemen who also have had great things said about them (super...[need to shorten that thing if you get the job]) and MtFlat? I think."end quote

I'm not candidating for mod - I'm still reserving my vote for the one that comes up with the best truck parts for me. As you can see from my tag I could use about anything LOL

I just happened to stumble across the site first while Matt was up in the GC looking for support. I'll support whoever - and I'm old enough to know nothing lasts forever, including the title of moderator. Things come up in life, you know?

Old 01-13-2004, 04:48 PM
RRMike
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by mtflat
I'm not candidating for mod - I'm still reserving my vote for the one that comes up with the best truck parts for me. As you can see from my tag I could use about anything LOL
I know. Someone posted something to that effect in the thread in the mod forum.

Old 01-13-2004, 06:09 PM
superrangerman2002
Logistics Pro
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally posted by RRMike
It's not exactly like that. First we start the pagan ritual with some pig's blood and scrying stones.....
Sounds like fun, sounds like a BBQ!

I gave you the nod also Matt simply because I'm familliar with your posts and not familliar with the other two fine gentlemen who also have had great things said about them (super...[need to shorten that thing if you get the job]) and MtFlat? I think.
He he, I really should change it as I traded off my Ranger last Oct.

I guess I really didn't think I was even being considered, let alone mentioned by any other mods.

I guess that means that they do read some of my posts, however pointless they may be.

However it turns out I wouldn't be suprised if you and Superranger are both mods in some forum or another before long based on what I've read. The final decisions are made by the admin's with our input. It's not exactly perfectly democratic but we get our say.

Well I guess I'm flattered, I would be more than happy to help out in any forum.

Last edited by superrangerman2002; 01-13-2004 at 06:11 PM.

Quick Reply: Moderator.