Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 1997 - 2003 F150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1997 - 2003 F150 1997-2003 F150, 1997-1999 F250LD, 7700 & 2004 F150 Heritage SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-13-2004, 01:46 PM
New User

nedc is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks, there's an O'Reilly's where I live. I'm going to call them.
Have a great day.
Old 02-18-2004, 05:08 PM
New User

astarguy is starting off with a positive reputation.
astarguy's update new heater core installed. starting to put truck back togeather again. on the subject of the clips if you pull the hose thru into the truck (not easy to do) then you squease the tabs togeather and pull hard. i did not break them but i did buy new ones 16.50 for two with tax not bad.
Old 07-22-2004, 03:58 PM
New User

Alansr is starting off with a positive reputation.
Heater core

I know this is late because you posted this six months ago, but i just stumbled on your site to read about replacing the hearter core. i'm down to the core and was wondering if you pulled the heater core into the cab and slit the rubber foam around the tubes to pull the hoses into the cab to remove the hoses from the tubes. there's no room outside you almost have to pull it in and in order to do that you have to slit the rubber around the tubes.
AlanSr.
Old 07-22-2004, 04:03 PM
New User

Heater core

I posted a question and if anyone can respond ASAP it would be greatly appreciated.
AlanSr.
Old 07-22-2004, 04:06 PM
Senior User

5.4AZ4X4 is starting off with a positive reputation.
no no no dont pull and slit the hoses... There are these plastic sort of a snap in kinda things in the ends of the hoses connecting to the heater core. From under the hood (its all about feeling for it) you have to squeeze the two tabs and pull the hose out. Give it a few shakes and wiggles. I know mine diddnt come quietly but it wasnt really a big deal... So your doing the heater core huh?

2001 F-150 ex-cab JBA 3in cat back
3.55 gears (I want 3.73, trade ya?)
crankin sterio *even with the ex-cab*
JET Performance chip
K&N (for convience not performance)
Old 07-22-2004, 07:26 PM
New User

Heater core

Yes I'm doing the heater core, wow what a job it's been almost 7 hours to get it out. But you misunderstood my question. I was asking if you or anyone else that did this already pulled the core hoses into the cab to disconect the hoses cut the rubber that is formed around the hole and the core to keep it air tight. It's to late for that now because I already pulled the hoses into the cab and cut the rubber around the core tubes so I'ed have room to uncouple the hosees. I have it out and was trying to get new clips and o-rings for the councters because I didn't want to have a leak after all the time I spent working on it.
Thanks!
AlanSr
Old 07-22-2004, 07:58 PM
Postmaster

HomerWinzlow is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.HomerWinzlow is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
If one is fortunate to have an air compressor and a die cutter with chop saw blade, its easiest to just cut the pipes off at the firewall and remove the ends from the hose out in the clear. You are gonna throw that old heater core away anyway.

IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT!!

My Missing Michelle
Old 11-26-2013, 04:27 PM
Junior User

kdwellsr is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have just start putting my 98 F250 back together after replaceing the heater core. The coupler set is available on Ebay if you know what to look for... might even need the part number to find it. My question is when I removed the dash the rubber seal just fell out so I don't know exactly where they go. There is one that is kinda hollow plastic that slips inside another... and there is another that is hollow rubber ...soft and flexable both about same size.. Would like to know just where they go so I don't end up with squeeks.
Old 11-26-2013, 04:48 PM
Postmaster

HomerWinzlow is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.HomerWinzlow is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdwellsr View Post
I have just start putting my 98 F250 back together after replaceing the heater core. The coupler set is available on Ebay if you know what to look for... might even need the part number to find it. My question is when I removed the dash the rubber seal just fell out so I don't know exactly where they go. There is one that is kinda hollow plastic that slips inside another... and there is another that is hollow rubber ...soft and flexable both about same size.. Would like to know just where they go so I don't end up with squeeks.
Post some pics if you can, I dont know what parts you are referencing by description.

IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT!!

My Missing Michelle
Old 11-26-2013, 05:15 PM
Junior User

kdwellsr is starting off with a positive reputation.
I don't have a way to post pictures. However both of them are just small "about 1/4"diameter" rubber or plastic hoses. Looks like it might be a seal to keep the dash from squeeking.. Thought might go between windshield and dash... or under lip of dash , but just not quite sure which and where. Don't know where to go to find out. Except maybe a ford dealer.
Old 11-26-2013, 05:15 PM