Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Ranger & B-Series
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Ranger & B-Series All Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series modelsSPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-05-2004, 10:14 AM
New User

hawki_peers is starting off with a positive reputation.
1998 mazda b2500 clutch bleed

Can someone please help me? I have a 98 b2500 and recently had the slave, master, and clutch replaced. There is no leakage from the system, but I have trouble putting the truck into gear. System should probably be bled again, but I have heard that if it is done improperly it could destroy the master cylinder. Is it bad to continue driving it like this? Can anyone suppy me with detailed instructions on how to bleed the system properly? Thanks for your help....Hawki Toronto Canada
Old 01-05-2004, 07:20 PM
Postmaster

Dealford is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Welcome to FTE hawki_peers.
The bleeder valve is accessible through a port on the left side of the bell housing. The system is a gravity bleed type.
Take the cap off of the master. Open the bleeder valve and allow the fluid to drain out. Keep the master full during this process. Absolutely do not let it get empty.
When the fluid that is draining out no longer has air bubbles in it, close the bleeder valve and top up the master.
If you have a piece of hose/tube that will fit over the bleeder valve, that will help contain the mess.
63 Fairlane, Gone to my buddy Chuck.
It Aint Fun Unless It's Done The Hard Way!
Old 01-05-2004, 09:35 PM
Posting Guru

Hank85713 is starting off with a positive reputation.
This is the easiest way Ive found to bleed the master in my 94.

inside the cab, pull the starter interlock from the clutch rod, disconnect the rod from the pedal arm. You will see a circlip in the master over the piston. Pull the circlip, pull the piston till just the air and a little fluid escapes, pump the master a couple of strokes repeat the above, reasemble than bleed per the manual, open the bleeder and let gravity bleed. Might have to bleed the bleeder a couple of times, biggest thing is the air in the master.

I am guessing that yours should be about the same. The angle the master sits does not allow all air to bleed out as it is trapped up against the piston, and Ive tried to bleed the old way (pump, hold, bleed) and I tried to pressure bleed with a Mity|Vac and neither really worked.
Old 01-07-2004, 06:07 PM
New User

hawki_peers is starting off with a positive reputation.
thanks for the info guys, I will try to bleed it again, but by reading the other comments from members on the board, sounds like it may be my tranny fluid leaking out. I will check that too. Again thanks for the info, this board is great!
Old 01-07-2004, 06:07 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Ranger & B-Series

Tags
01, 1998, 2000, 98, 99, b2500, bleed, clutch, cluth, f150, ford, mazda, problems, ranger, truck