Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners Tonneau cover, caps, racks, canopies, shells, etc.SPONSORED BY:
Click Here

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-02-2004, 05:15 PM
New User

pruav is starting off with a positive reputation.
Question reteactable vs hard tonneau

I am looking for a hard tonneau for my 03. Looking for the pros/cons, complaints of retractable, folding. and one piece hard covers.

What I want in a tonneau: lockable, easy of use, access to all areas of the bed, to be able to haul things in the bed without premeditation, protection of cargo from weather.

I like the Pace-edwards retractable models. Do the rectactables rattle going down the road? I live in Az so how will the vinyl stand up to the weather?

The folding covers look like they wouldn't rattle, but still gives easy access to the bed.

I am not sure about the one piece covers. They seem to limit access to the front of the bed. Wouldn't be able to haul items taller than the bed without having to remove the tonneau first.

Craig
71 F100 4x4
03 F150 4X4
Old 01-03-2004, 05:25 AM
Posting Guru

PW01 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Check out the Versacover, I've had one for a couple of months and love it!
http://www.versacover.com/
2001 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4, Off Road package, SOHC 4.0 automatic, Line-X bed liner and step rails, Alpine CDA-7894, Alpine R series speakers, Undercover tonneau, Rancho RSX shocks, Clifford Matrix RS2 remote remote start/alarm, BFG All Terrain T/A ko's. 06 emblems, clear corners, Wet Okole seat covers
Old 01-03-2004, 05:25 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners