How To Wire My 302?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2004, 08:01 PM
pageparsley
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How To Wire My 302?

could someone please tell me how to wire my starter up on my 302. is there only one wire? i know there was a black ground wire. also whats the best way to wire my engine to start it up with the cab and bed off. do i have ti use the ignition switch in the cab or can i use something else. i have a performance distribtors duraspark ignition and distributor. on the wiring diagram it shows a resistor between the ignition switch and the coil. would this be the little 2-3 inch long brass piece with a connector on each end. where exactly do i attach the ground wire from the battery to. i believe the ground for starter was on attached on top of engine.i also have a powermaster one wire alternator does the one wire connect directly to my positive battery post.im really at a loss on all this. the shop i had my truck at went out of business and called me to come get it and said they couldnt complete it. so i went and picked it up all 500 dismantled pieces of it so now im trying to get it back together but am unsure about the proper wiring because i wasnt there to watch when they took it apart.thanks for any help you guys can give me.

Old 01-25-2004, 10:04 PM
Duderoy
Tuned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Should just be your positive from battery and your trigger wire for the solinoid. Grounds through the case. Oh ya all caps. letters in your forums makes it Very DIFFICULT TO READ.

Old 01-26-2004, 03:44 PM
Franklin2
Received 1,676 Likes on 1,355 Posts
Here's the basic heavy wiring for the starter.

Here's a link to the basic ignition wiring if you want to rig it up. I would think you could run it for a couple of minutes without the resistor. Or buy one of those resistors for a chrysler and rig it in the circuit. The original resistor is buried in the truck wiring harness.