Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Truck Enthusiasts Site Navigation > Site Announcements
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-31-2003, 10:42 PM
Founder ... Stay Tuned

FTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputation
New for 2004, Updated Forum Guidelines and Site Terms

In late October the moderators were surveyed concerning FTE's forum guidelines, community, moderation and administration. The survey entries were compiled and reviewed by the FTE staff here at the office during the month of November. In November/December we worked on several things based on their feedback.

First, the web site terms and conditions have been rewritten. The old terms were very outdated. The new terms and conditions basically are similar to the old conditions, but with a little more legal terminology based on a legal terms and conditions guide. These are found via the link at the bottom of the majority of site pages.

Second, the Moderator Guidelines (private guidelines the moderators use so they have a guide on moderation) have been rewritten.

Third, the Forum Guidelines have been streamlined and "relaxed." We think most users will prefer these to the old guidelines. One of the notable things is that "Wanted" ads are now allowed in the forums. "For Sale" ads must still be in the Classifieds section of the site.

Forth, some of the word filters have been removed. (Foul language filters have not been removed.)

Lastly, Gallery Guidelines have been added: www.ford-trucks.com/galleryguidelines.html

Since these are all new, they are subject to change based on user feedback and as we build experience with them.

Happy New Year!
Old 12-31-2003, 11:11 PM
Post Fiend

Matts72 has a good reputation on FTE.Matts72 has a good reputation on FTE.Matts72 has a good reputation on FTE.
Old 12-31-2003, 11:43 PM
Postmaster

FordFadgeole is starting off with a positive reputation.
Now you tell me

just kidding! i learned the hard way lol .I think my first two threads posted at FTE were closed for that reason.oh well.live and learn.
Old 01-01-2004, 12:31 AM
Avid Winter Hater

MisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputation
It all sounds good. I will continue to play by the rules.
Hope & A Prayer Motorsports
Old 01-01-2004, 03:54 AM
Elder User

Jens is starting off with a positive reputation.
Jens Grothusen
I argee with mistercmk, sounds good, will continue to play the rules...

Jens
Old 01-01-2004, 04:31 AM
Post Fiend

4tl8ford has a great reputation on FTE.4tl8ford has a great reputation on FTE.4tl8ford has a great reputation on FTE.4tl8ford has a great reputation on FTE.4tl8ford has a great reputation on FTE.4tl8ford has a great reputation on FTE.
Question on Photos

Ken
In the Gallery Guidlines it states:

Quote:
Photos may not have altered backgrounds or added text
Sometime individuals post pictures of modifications made totheir trucks, i.e. suspension mods. When doing this they indicate on the photo important info. Can this be done?

Thanks
1952 Ford F2x2 (Non-Stock Flat 6)
1997 Ford Explorer
Every Thing I've Ever Said Is A Lie
Old 01-01-2004, 07:56 AM
Posting Guru

ctfuzzy is starting off with a positive reputation.
"Photos may not have altered backgrounds or added text."

Yes, yes, I agree in asking (please) for clarification of this item.

From what I can see ALL my photos are having text added to them - and I am not the one doing it.

TIA.
Old 01-01-2004, 11:35 AM
Founder ... Stay Tuned

FTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputation
Wooooopss... the moderators pointed this one out as well and I forgot to update it.

Check it out now.

We're paying to serve the images up, and some people don't understand that. They do things like go on other sites and link to the images, costing us money to display the image elsewhere. We recoup that by putting a notice about our site at the bottom. If the image does get displayed elsewhere the exchange for our paying the bandwidth is an ad.
Old 01-01-2004, 02:22 PM
Posting Guru

fordman428 is starting off with a positive reputation.
that sounds great!!!!

this is just a suggestion but i think a wanted ads forum would be pretty cool, because all the time you see people asking where to get a part or if someone has it, just a suggestion.

-fordman
Old 01-01-2004, 04:23 PM
New User

Mil1ion is starting off with a positive reputation.
The new guideline's allows wanted ad's.

Why not have a special parts wanted forum ?

1) We have a classifieds section as a courtesy

2) They become over-whelming and use up valuable space & bandwidth,

3)There would be massive amount of posts to sift through for everyone &

would they get removed ?.

4) It would be redundant.

The classifeds are time limited and automatically get deleted
Old 01-01-2004, 04:39 PM
Posting Guru

fordman428 is starting off with a positive reputation.
i never thought about them being over-whelming but i do see your point and that it is best to stick with the classifieds section as i said it was just a thought, thanks for the reply and info.

-fordman
Old 01-01-2004, 10:42 PM
Postmaster

Andysutt is starting off with a positive reputation.
Good job
Old 01-01-2004, 10:42 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Truck Enthusiasts Site Navigation > Site Announcements