2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F-150 Purchase Questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2003, 05:24 PM
brick594
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question F-150 Purchase Questions

Hey guys, I'm really looking at buying a new f-150, and I have some questions, so I thought I should come to you all. I'm having trouble deciding whether I should get the Lariat package or the FX4 package, and also whether I should get Supercab or Supercrew. If anyone has any advice/pros and cons, it would be greatly appreciated...

Old 12-29-2003, 06:22 PM
canadianfordman
Posting Guru
Wise choice on the New F150.

Your first question was whether you should get the Lariat or FX4.

In the Lariat you can get heated seats which are very nice, but I prefer the look of the FX4. Go with 18" wheels if you decide upon the FX4 as they are much nicer looking.

In regards to the Super Crew vs Super Cab dilemma. Are you going to need the 6.5' box or will the 5.5' box do the trick. On the Super Cab both beds are offered as well as an 8' option. On the Super Crew you are stuck with the 5.5' bed for now.

Also keep in mind that the 04 Super Cabs have 6" more room in the backseat so for most kids they will be very comfortable.

If it means anything to you my ideal truck would be a Super Cab FX4 with a 6.5' bed, leather, and a moonroof, with 18's.

Good luck and feel free to ask more questions.

Old 12-29-2003, 08:47 PM
brick594
New User
thanks canadianfordman, I also like the look of the carbon fiber FX4 interior, but I also like the heated seats of the Lariat, which is one of my problems lol ...I only need a 5.5' bed, so that wouldnt be a problem for me... I didn't know about the 6" more of room in the Scabs, thanks for the info...

Old 12-30-2003, 09:15 AM
fullauto1
New User
I purchased a Screw with the FX4. Somehow those 17" wheels just didn't seem to make it with me. Seems like the wheel wells are much to large for the 17" wheels. Love the way the 18's look.
Just my .02

Old 12-30-2003, 10:07 AM
Superdog
New User
If you have any kids, i would recommend the screw over the scab assuming you a) can afford it b) don't mind giving up the bed length. i went from a scab to a screw with the 04. have 2 kids in carseats and it's much easier taking the seats in and out, etc.
good luck

Old 12-30-2003, 01:47 PM
ksutty
New User
Talking

you'll love it. i've had my for two months now and i love it. i have a silver xlt supercab w/ the 5.4 i just had a rhino liner put in it.
kris

Old 12-30-2003, 02:09 PM
HoustonPerson
Senior User
Arrow My choice is:

I have driven both the FX4 and Lariat Super Crew quite a bit now. My choice is the Lariat with LT tires. For me that provides the perfect ride. Tuff enough to go off road when I need to (with skid plates), but always smooth on "broken-up" pavement. The FX4 is just a little to "choppy" for me. My understanding is that the suspension is the same, except that the FX4 have the beefier shocks; hence the choppiness on broken pavement. I will be pulling a boat so will also be going with the 4x4 with LSD. Tire dealers have told me that "LT" means light truck tires (a couple of more plys) where the "P" tires are basic passenger car style construction. And of course the Lariat already comes with the 18". Also, when you do get the heated seats in the Lariat, that right side is also "power". Just a little more comfy. I will be carrying a full load of people so the screw is a no-brainer for me. It is also very easy to change the plastic grill on the Lariat, just in case you don't like it. Either one of the two Ford black plastic grills will fit it (from FX4 or XLt etc). For me I am going only with the chrome plated bumpers, because they are much more durable in the harsh environment we have here.

Good Luck