GoodGuys - Indy

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2003, 04:18 PM
CACWBY
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GoodGuys - Indy

Anyone been in past, is it worthwhile?

Last edited by CACWBY; 12-28-2003 at 04:24 PM.
Old 12-29-2003, 08:50 PM
Bagged70F100
Junior User
Heck yeah it is. ALL of the Goodguys events are great. Been to Columbus and it was awesome. I went to Indy Truck Bash, and a lot of the old trucks there were also at the Goodguys Indy event. Next season, I'm going to hit all of the Goodguys shows within a decent distance. Indy is about 3-4 hours from me, but I'll be there quite often. I get the Goodguy's Gazette, and they take lots of pictures. The whole magazine is show coverage of their events. I'm hoping I'll see my truck in the background of one of them or something! HA!

Old 12-29-2003, 10:24 PM
Faithful Old Road Dog
Elder User
I used to go to Goodguy events, but I stopped some years back. I lost my taste in looking at high dollar show cars. With all the performance mods, most owners only show the cars. And I got tired of paying the high entrance fees. Well, to me, $15 was a bit much to just look. Then they started charging entrance fees to the swap meet portion of the show. You can call me cheap, but in reality I'm just poor! I'm more into the simple shows where I check out cars and trucks that are driven and/or raced.

Old 12-29-2003, 11:05 PM
mr4speedford
Posting Guru
Goodguy's event's are awsome. Your truck would fit right in. I myself like the columbus one, as it's even bigger. The shear amount and quality of the cars there are unbelieveable. Magazine coverage(like PF you had) is always high at these events. I'd recommend it to anybody as it was(at least columbus) the best car show I've ever been to. -4speed

Old 12-30-2003, 04:00 PM
moonley
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This may be a little off subject, but I am a huge fan of the "Back to the 50's" car show every year in Minneapolis MN at the Minnesota State Fair grounds. Last year they had over 10,000 cars register (yes, ten thousand, I didn't add an extra zero). They also have a pretty good swap meet. They only allow 1964 and before vehicles, which is nice because it eliminates the overly-abundant muscle era cars, as well as the fresh off the showroom floor corvettes. On the other hand, none of our trucks can be shown there, which is kind of a bummer.