Ohio Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: RUNVS

New Years Day activities....

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2003, 10:07 PM
Freightrain
Lead Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Lightbulb New Years Day activities....

Ok, for the ones that are NOT too hung over.......

Dragway 42 in West Salem, Ohio is once again hosting the HANGOVER NATIONALS on New Years Day.

Come one, come all for fun in the snow....rain....sleet...whatever the day brings.

Everyone runs the index 20.04 (ya, the year it is). Any faster, you break out and loose. Ya, even if there is a foot of snow, we race. Dry weather is better traction, but the index is the same, so going fast is not what needs to happen.

Run what you brung. Anything is up, we have even had a couple quads show up in the past. It's just a day at the races and time to BS with friends. Last year we have OVER 120 vehicles registered . No the pay out will not get you out of Xmas debt....if I remember right it's 20.04 in PENNIES .

Anyhoo, if you are up for some winter fun, come on out. I should be there with either my 67 F100, or I might bring the old Mack for the giggles of it. I know it won't cover the dial in, but it sure is fun to race it.

Check out Dragway42.com for the details. I'm thinkin' the gate open at noon and eliminations a 3? Something like that. I guess I need to confirm that myself.

See ya on the first.
Larry

Old 01-01-2004, 05:43 PM
Freightrain
Lead Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
OK.....so who made it outside to PLAY today????

Nice huh?????

Well the drags were a complete success this year....again.

Over 200 enteries....near 100 more than last year.

Five years and still growing. Only 48 at first annual. The weather even permitted a gamblers race!!!!

Anyhow, just FYI: The old '67 cranked off an easy 18.60 in the 1/4 mile. This was shifting at 3200 rpm and going thru at about 3300 rpm. Ya, not exactly smokin'....but the index was 20.04 so fast was not a requirement.

Larry

Old 01-01-2004, 08:28 PM
phatcracker
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, when I finally got out of bed (11:30am) I sat for a few (hours) because I was hung over. Not to bad but still. When I got off my dead a$$ (3:00pm), I went out and put rear shocks on my F350. I would have completed the work last week but my usual parts place gave me the wrong part and had to get the right part at Napa ($$$). It's done now. I also installed a C.B. radio. I'll try for a radio check tomorrow when I go to work.

The drags sound like fun. Maybe one of these years I'll try to make one.