1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Warped Rotors and warranty???

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2003, 03:19 PM
Foneguy
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Warped Rotors and warranty???

Hey all it's been a while since I've posted. but got me some issues with my rotors on my (Well.... See signature) I've determined that their warped and my pads are fine. so I called up the Dealership in Snohomish WA. (Bickford Ford) and asked if they would be covered under Warranty. They said "No, the rotors are a wareing part of the brake system". So I can respect that however I've only put 44K in easy highway miles and mild towing on my truck and it seems odd that this wouldn't be a manufactures defect considering that it's only got 44K on it? I then called my extended warranty company that I purchased when I bought my truck used with 32k on it. So they told me the same darn thing. it's not covered as part of my extended warranty coverage. I know it seems as if I'm ranting, but are there any others out there that has had this problem with the rotors not being covered when warped at such a low mileage? what mileage intervas has anyone had their rotors replaced due to manufacturer defect(Warping) Covered by FOMOCO or warranty company?

Thanks all for your input

Your resident Foneguy

Old 12-10-2003, 03:42 PM
Yeti
Post Fiend
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Mine have been replaced twice under warranty, with only 14k on the clock.

Old 12-10-2003, 03:44 PM
emtabmm
Posting Guru
Under btb warranty rotors can be cut or replaced as long as the pad has more than 50% material left, no extended companys cover rotors to my knowledge....

Old 12-10-2003, 03:46 PM
Foneguy
Senior User
Thanks For your replies... Do you have any reccomendations for replacemnt rotors?

Old 12-10-2003, 05:49 PM
Yeti
Post Fiend
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
ART

Old 12-10-2003, 06:18 PM
scotth
Junior User
phone Guy!!!!

I am new to this board and I live in the same town you do! I was reading your post and saw the dealer you were speaking of and chills went down my spine......I have bought 4 trucks there over the last ten years or so!!!! My sales guy is great but I have had so many problems with that service department its taken ten years off my life. I have a 2002 and it had warped rotors as I drove it home for the first time. The truck was so clean I didnt care and I took it to an Independant, had the rotors turned and put on a GOOD set of Pads. I will never ever take my truck back there for any kind of service. With my last truck I spent 10.000.00 on a reman 7.3 and they screwed me. They had my truck for 6 weeks and still could not get it to run right so I left the piece of junk on there lot and bought a 2002. I live just outside of monroe and now use the dealer in Monroe! They are great. They have two service writers and they are still small. They treat me like Gold....and my truck always is done when they say it will be. They have a very experienced diesel tech there that knows his stuff unlike the losers in Snohomish. They have gotton way to big to give customers any good service. Sorry to get off the subject

Old 12-11-2003, 09:26 AM
Foneguy
Senior User
Hey Scott.
Where abouts are you? I'm on Carlson in the Machias area. We should get together for a beer or something? I've been run around a couple of times by Bickfords Service rep and haven't been able to get a straight answer from them in regards to any problems about my truck... all they say is "bring it in so we can take a look at it". which means to me "let us charge you $86.50 for an hour of shop labor just to tell you we won't cover your problem". Anyways I will give the dealership in Monroe a call next time I need something. Word of mouth for good service means more to me than one dealership bragging over the other.

Thanks
Your Resident Foneguy

Old 12-11-2003, 09:47 AM
scotth
Junior User
Fone Guy,

Im just up Chain lake Road just out of Monroe. Bet we have driven by each other a few times...............I go into Snohomish all the time. Love to have a beer with ya sometime, and I can tell you the rest of the story about my encounters with that Dealer.

Old 12-11-2003, 09:50 AM
Foneguy
Senior User
Sounds Good. Shoot me an email sometime.

Thanks

Your Resident Foneguy
AKA (Ron)

Old 12-11-2003, 09:51 AM
Fords For Ever
Senior User
I think you are out of luck getting Ford to help under the 36K BTB warrenty due to you having 44K miles. Others with SD's and warped rotors have had Ford turn them but the problem just comes back. Get the ART rotors ( as Yeti wrote ) when you can afford them. The info for ART should be in the Group purchase forum, if not I have it somewhere. I got a set for my buddy with a 2001 SD and chronic rotor warp and he has no more problems. My rotors are slightly warped with 12K miles and I hope to have them turned/cut under warrenty but down the road I will have ART rotors at least on the front. Hope this helps.

Old 12-11-2003, 12:12 PM
1BADF350_4XCREW7.3
Senior User
I bought the ART rotors after pricing the replacements and comments from this board - with pads, the rotors are minimally more expensive than OEM replacements (~$30 ea. as I recall) I don't have any problems with them after 12k mostly highway miles. Delivery and commincation are a little slow with them, so you might plan ahead if you're considering the ART setup.

Old 12-12-2003, 04:12 PM
Think Fast
New User
I replaced my front rotors and pads @48K. with parts from A.R.T. 3 weeks ago. Very pleased with the performance and feel. Brake dust is pretty minimal. It was a 4 week wait from the time I ordered until they arrived.

Old 12-14-2003, 10:57 PM
VolvoWrench
Junior User
Hey guys,
Who is A.R.T.?

Thanks,

Pete

Old 12-14-2003, 11:16 PM
Streetcruzer
Elder User
http://www.appliedrotortechnology.com/.

It is a company thats produces replacement rotors for different vehicles, the members that have installed them on their trucks are pleased with the product from what I have read in this forum!

Hope this helps,
Lenny

Last edited by Streetcruzer; 12-14-2003 at 11:21 PM.
Old 12-15-2003, 08:13 PM
VolvoWrench
Junior User
Thanks 'Cruzer.

Pete

Quick Reply: Warped Rotors and warranty???