1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

56`f-100

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2003, 09:51 AM
vrongpeis
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
56`f-100

Bought a 56`lastweek from cali, with a 302 w/ aut.
this F-100 is yellow and has new rims and tires.
Truck has manual steering and brakes.
And the guy that bought it for me says it is heavy on the brake pedal + the steering is heavy as well.
Is there any other power steering boxes besides the Toyota that will work. (f,ex- newer truck`s from ford or gm ?)
And for power brakes , is there any cars that have front disc brakes and power booster that would be a near bolt on for the F-100.
I also can see from the pics he mailed me that there is horisontal air "louvers"just above and aft of the front fenders, is this original ?
I also thought about a "gangster cap" above the front window, does anyone have a picture of one on a 56` ?
Also who makes / sells them.

thankful for every tip , comment or picture link

Last edited by vrongpeis; 12-10-2003 at 09:57 AM.
Old 12-10-2003, 05:02 PM
Stapler123
Mountain Pass
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Well ive got the break set up on mine.. front disk, power, but its about 3 different kits combined, I'll try to rumage through my receipts and remind myself where i got it all from. Its mostly bolt on with the exception of drilling a few holes, and grinding some things that didn't quite fit.

Old 12-10-2003, 06:07 PM
ferguson777
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think the louvers you are referring are the air inlet for the heater assembly. These louvers are on the passenger side only (to my knowledge) and are found on the cowl sheetmetal between the door and the front fender. If that's what you're talking about - yes they're stock but usually sealed from behind unless your heater does pull in outside air.

"And for power brakes , is there any cars that have front disc brakes and power booster that would be a near bolt on for the F-100. "

Not to my knowledge. Look at the kits advertised in boht Classic Custom Trucks and Classic Trucks. You can buy them complete or just the brackets and use wrecking yard rotors and calipers (which they don't identify in their advertisements)

Later,