Nova Scotia Join Chapter, Leader:

looking for salvage yards in new brunswick

Old 12-09-2003, 06:29 PM
FordFadgeole
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
looking for salvage yards in new brunswick

Are there any F T E subscribers in N.B. live 5 miles from the border and maybe i could find some parts in canada

Old 02-01-2004, 09:10 PM
351 power
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Look for sharpe's salvage near woodstock nb

Old 02-01-2004, 09:17 PM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Old 02-04-2004, 07:44 PM
FordFadgeole
Postmaster
351 power

Thanks for the tip.Woodstock is quite handy .I appreciate the help!

Old 02-04-2004, 07:53 PM
FordFadgeole
Postmaster
Thanks Dennis.I can't seem to find anything local.I got a couple of good leads on some of the local yard in the previous posts.There is still a lot of snow on the ground,so i have time to get a list of names together.There were certainally a lot of names on that link.Wow!I appreciate it.

Old 02-04-2004, 10:31 PM
Racer27
Junior User
I am in Saint John 1 hour from border.

Old 02-07-2004, 10:41 AM
lallen1
Freshman User
There used to be a guy in Saint John that Advertised in Auto Trader as "parts man" He had quite a bit of stuff, but I never dealt with him.
Everytime I am in St Stephen, I see nothing but old fords driving around, so I assume that there has to be something down there.

What are you looking for? This spring I am going to hit every back road and farmhouse around looking for parts, so I can keep an eye out for you.

Old 02-07-2004, 11:18 AM
FordFadgeole
Postmaster
lallen1

Hi.I'm looking for parts for my 58 F-250 styleside.If I could find a parts truck over you way,it would be worth the trip to check it out.I'm not really sure what other models are interchangable with my truck yet,but I'm looking into some interchange books for that year.I'v never been to Saint John,so that would give me a chance to do some sightseeing also.I'd also have to check on the red tape of bringing it across.I'm having a real hard time finding anything around here.Fenders,door glass.floor panels,orignal mirrors,crome bumper,generator,wire harness(they replaced the turnsignal switch with a signalstat)horn button and hardware,just about any parts I could get.It's good to hear from my Canadian neighbors.

Old 02-07-2004, 04:25 PM
Racer27
Junior User
You wouldnt have anytrouble bringing it accross i have delivered a few brand new dirtbikes to people from maine... cost them 5 bucks usd transfer fee... We have the hard time bringing stuff across.. taxes/duty/bending you over counter tax.. etc... JK

Old 02-07-2004, 04:45 PM
FordFadgeole
Postmaster
Racer27

That's good news .If possible i'd like to find a parts truck over there.We used to haul a lot of old crushers back across about 15 years ago without any problems,but laws change so often it's hard to keep track.I have heard you guys are taxed pretty heavy over there.Must make it hard with the exchange rate too,buying something over here.I used to go to Canada to buy gas because i could get the bigger gallon over there for the same price as ours.Funny how times change.Thanks for the info.

Old 02-08-2004, 08:38 PM
lallen1
Freshman User
Taxed pretty heavy is an understatement, LOL.

Racer27, I see you are from Saint John, maybe you can help us track down this "parts man" guy? He used to advertise in Auto Seller. All I know about him is he deals in ford trucks, and is based in Saint John.

I'll also tell you guys a sad story about stealerships and profits. (the exchange rate reminded me of this story) I need 2 new front air struts for my 95 Lincoln. From the ford dealer in town, they are $700 bucks each. From a place called
www.fordpartsnetwork.com in Florida, I can get the exact same ford struts for $219 US. Even with the 35% exchange, it is still a lot cheaper.
I have a friend going to Orlando in 3 weeks, so he is going to bring them back for me, saving on duty and shipping.

Old 02-08-2004, 08:50 PM
FordFadgeole
Postmaster
Speaking of lincolns I have two of them.A MarkV1 and a Towncar. One is an 85,the other a 88.Too bad the parts wouldn't work.I think I'm going to part both of them out.Dealer prices are outragous.Good luck.

Old 02-13-2004, 11:13 PM
lallen1
Freshman User
I love the marks. That is what I have now as a daily driver, a 95 Mark VIII. Believe it or not, I am going to sell it, just so I can fix my truck up faster. My truck will be the daily driver when that happens.
Hows the body on your VII?

Old 02-14-2004, 12:31 AM
FordFadgeole
Postmaster
I have to put a windsheild back in it,and replace the hood,and a few other minor details.It found the broadside of a Moose,lol.It's in good shape other than that .It has the H.O.302 in it.I bought it from a friend of mine for $100.It was my project car before I found my truck.The 88 was given to me to tow off.It had a mechanics lein on it.I'm just stripping it out because I don't have a title.Both are complete with factory rims.the 88 has the multi-port fuel inj.,but I don't have a use for it.I'm looking to swap or sell parts off both to get my 65 F-350 running.They are nice cars.Everything is buried in snow ,so i have to wait till this Spring to do some swaps.I have a few people interested it swaping motors.I usually have better luck with swaps.Good luck with your truck.

Old 02-15-2004, 03:23 PM
Racer27
Junior User
just looked thru all my old autotraders.. nata one ad for old ford parts...... and phone book this years and last... nothing.. pretty sure if you get me the name of the guy i can find him... sorry i couldnt helpya more.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: looking for salvage yards in new brunswick