Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Truck Enthusiasts Site Navigation > Site Announcements
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-07-2003, 08:44 PM
Founder ... Stay Tuned

FTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputation
Signature Guidelines

We've had the following guideline in place for a long time:

3.4 Your signature may contain only Ford related content and links
to your personal web site.

More and more I find this is being ignored. I see links to employer's web sites, a user's business site, religious items, non-truck related information, political statements, etc.

There is a specific place for some of this stuff in your profile called "Interests." There is no place for links to your employer's site or your own business site.

We'll be cleaning these signatures up....
Old 12-07-2003, 09:55 PM
Post Fiend

Matts72 has a good reputation on FTE.Matts72 has a good reputation on FTE.Matts72 has a good reputation on FTE.
Thanks a lot Ken,

I'm sorry I supported FTE.
Old 12-07-2003, 10:01 PM
Founder ... Stay Tuned

FTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputation
Wow, what's that all about?
Old 12-07-2003, 10:05 PM
Post Fiend

Matts72 has a good reputation on FTE.Matts72 has a good reputation on FTE.Matts72 has a good reputation on FTE.
the sigs were the only identification we had.

Now they are gone.
Old 12-07-2003, 10:12 PM
Founder ... Stay Tuned

No, they aren't gone.

I didn't say "signatures are gone", I said "We'll be cleaning these signatures up...." They are off while I do this over the next 2 hours. The world didn't end.
Old 12-07-2003, 10:49 PM
Elder User

Stingray42 is starting off with a positive reputation.
wow, seems empty in here. I hope y'all arent deleting too much, I agree with matt, the sigs are our id on here!
Old 12-07-2003, 10:58 PM
New User

Mil1ion is starting off with a positive reputation.
Yes they are but, Do you not agree that people have been going Overboard?

Look at the mod's people list in their sig.

Why can't they just post that stuff in their user gallery.

Why does it all have to be plastered in a sig.
Old 12-07-2003, 11:00 PM
Founder ... Stay Tuned

Profiles and galleries provide everything needed to identify you. Go into your profile and fill in your interests there, and to your Gallery and add your links there.

Signatures are there to list your truck for the convenience of other users discussing topics with you, not to crusade for Jesus, Allah, George Bush, Bill Clinton, the NRA, etc.

We've stated the signature guideline for a long time.... I don't understand why enforcing it is a surprise.
Old 12-07-2003, 11:22 PM
Posting Guru

acerockola77 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I personally like what is being done to the sigs. I don't like seeing a page of what they like and everytime they changed their oil? I don't see why people are throwing a tantrum about it.

Smaller Sigs = more bandwidth.
Old 12-08-2003, 12:20 AM
Post Fiend

So what are you deleting then?

Sorry I overeacted there.

What is an acceptable signature? I don't like to spend hours looking at people's profiles. Its kinda limited anyway. I also don't have a lot of time to set up a gallery or be looking at other's galleries. However, it is a nice feature.

I really don't know what I am arguing anymore. I should try and think and THEN act.
Old 12-08-2003, 11:12 AM
Post Fiend

1956MarkII has a very good reputation on FTE.1956MarkII has a very good reputation on FTE.1956MarkII has a very good reputation on FTE.1956MarkII has a very good reputation on FTE.
4 simple, but very important, words: Ken's house, Ken's rules.
Old 12-08-2003, 11:29 AM
Founder ... Stay Tuned

I'm deleting whatever part doesn't describe a user's vehicles and/or isn't a link to their web site. Images along the same lines are allowed. This wasn't an arbitrary decision, actions are usually the result of notification or concern from moderators when they see things or discussions between the admins.

We really do want you to be able to express yourself, but we have to try to keep our focus instead of having signatures become billboards.
Old 12-08-2003, 12:48 PM
New User

Something like this Matt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Silver 1978 F-150 Ranger Explorer 429-C6
Gold 1968 Ford Mustang Coupe 289

You're Invitied to ,My Web Site
Old 12-08-2003, 12:55 PM
Post Fiend

Ken hasn't cleaned mine up yet, so I guess its okay!?!

Noting the described "acceptable" signature, even you are breaking the rules, Dennis
Old 12-08-2003, 01:05 PM
New User

Ah yes, The mention of FTE's Revenue Generator.

The spoils of being an FTE Administrator.

The other would be my Christmas Card !
Old 12-08-2003, 01:05 PM