General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Fox's The Simple Life

Old 12-03-2003, 08:18 PM
dcexplorer
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fox's The Simple Life

I've been hearing about this show, Fox's The Simple Life, for quite a while, and I accidentally found it and watched it this evening.

It was suprisingly good. The premise is that you take two 20-year-old girls who have never worked a day in their lives because their parents are multi-millionaires. All they do in their lives is to shop and go to night clubs.

You take them for 30 days to a tiny farming community where they live with a farmer and his family, and you put them through various jobs. I just saw them get fired after their first day on the job with a dairy farmer.

Anyone else see this?

Old 12-03-2003, 08:27 PM
jskufan
Posting Guru
I saw some excerpts from the show this morning. It's hard to believe someone could be that "sheltered". Especially when they didn't know what Walmart was. Even if you don't shop there, it's still the largest retailer in the world. Some parts may be a little exaggerated.

Old 12-03-2003, 08:38 PM
dcexplorer
Senior User
Originally posted by jskufan
I saw some excerpts from the show this morning. It's hard to believe someone could be that "sheltered". Especially when they didn't know what Walmart was. Even if you don't shop there, it's still the largest retailer in the world. Some parts may be a little exaggerated.
Well, those girls are totally sheltered. There's LA, NYC, and the rest of the country is "fly over" territory -- why would anyone want to live there?

I liked how strict and hardworking the dads are. Most TV shows make dads out to be total morons. These dads on the farms are running things.

Old 12-03-2003, 09:18 PM
TheWiz427
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's just plain stupid!

Old 12-03-2003, 09:20 PM
superrangerman2002
Logistics Pro
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
I like the show, but it sure is a warmed over version of farm life in South Dakota.

Where's the square bales?

Their pickup looks like a Caddy (hey at least its a Ford) compared to any Farm truck I've ever seen. Where's the baling twine holding the doors and hood shut on this truck?

The PG'ing part (maybe it was A.I.'ing)was cool, that's pretty much how it goes.....LOL!

Where's the manure shoveling? Maybe i missed it so far....

I'd like to see them get sent out and put up new fence line... that would be funny!

I wonder how many times the camera men bailed those gals out when their truck died, got a flat, ect?

Old 12-03-2003, 09:20 PM
stahlecker
Senior User
Did you see them complain about the pay they did recieve for their work. If it could be called that they had to have spilled about 2-3 gallons and how many containers did they break. $45 a piece the guy said they were there 9hrs and he got about 6hrs of work. Sounds like decent wages to me. Course when your dad's a millionaire/billionaire/whatever.

Old 12-03-2003, 09:23 PM
jeffthompson
Elder User
Them girls is good for nothing.

Wait- just thought of something they would be good for...

Come to Butthead... hahaha

Last edited by jeffthompson; 12-03-2003 at 09:25 PM.
Old 12-03-2003, 09:52 PM
dcexplorer
Senior User
Originally posted by superrangerman2002
Their pickup looks like a Caddy (hey at least its a Ford) compared to any Farm truck I've ever seen. Where's the baling twine holding the doors and hood shut on this truck?
That sounds like my grandfather's pickup I learned to drive when I was eleven.

I wonder what year that truck was built? And what model? F150?

Old 12-03-2003, 10:31 PM
rebel_ford4x4
Posting Guru
the truck on the show is a 80-86 f100 or f150 2wd.

i watched the beginning of it and i found it irritating when they couldnt get the truck in gear or keep it running.

dang city girls.

Old 12-03-2003, 10:42 PM
fordeverpower
Postmaster
they show seems funny when paris can't drive a damn automatic. Everyone knows wal mart and they should know the word generic for crying out loud. The show is a joke. They should stick to shopping and spending daddys money. Paris Hilton is a model and has her own jewelry collection and she and her sister sell purses to the japanese like hotcakes. I saw on tv before when the girls were on motorcycle had an award show and the both fell off while trying to drive one. It was funny.

EDIT:

and if i was the one kid i would explore the ideas of the 3 some with the girls!

Old 12-03-2003, 10:44 PM
fordzrule
Senior User
i live about half a mile from the house they stayed at. the mother there drives my sisters school bus. its still a pretty stupid show though. but ill watch it anyway. me and a bunch of my friends are in it for a little bit maybe...supposed to be anyway.

Old 12-03-2003, 10:51 PM
MisterCMK
Fleet Owner
Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
hmm, 2 hot chicks, and a teenage guy, nothin good can come

Old 12-03-2003, 11:01 PM
fordeverpower
Postmaster
Originally posted by fordzrule
i live about half a mile from the house they stayed at. the mother there drives my sisters school bus. its still a pretty stupid show though. but ill watch it anyway. me and a bunch of my friends are in it for a little bit maybe...supposed to be anyway.

I would have been over there everyday drooling over them but thats just me.

Old 12-03-2003, 11:04 PM
fordzrule
Senior User
believe me everyone around here was..especially when they come to our high school graduation wearing little of nothing a bunch of parents complained but it didnt seem bother any of us

Old 12-03-2003, 11:31 PM
dcexplorer
Senior User
Originally posted by fordzrule
Really?

Maybe you can tell me -- what was up with the dairy farmer making all kinds of cracks about the girls' makeup and perfume? He said something to the effect that the cow s*** on Nicole's arm was better than the makeup on her face.

Is that a common attitude where you live?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fox's The Simple Life