General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

This flu is killing me

Old 12-03-2003, 09:51 AM
dcexplorer
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This flu is killing me

I started with the fever and chills on Monday morning and here it is Wednesday and I've still got chills alternating with 104 degree fever.

Now I know what they mean by "fever dreams" -- feels like the heat is frying my brain.

Old 12-03-2003, 10:12 AM
dono
Gone but not forgotten.
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Sorry to hear that - Hope you're better soon. I get a Flu shot every October and have never had the Flu. It is less than $20 and beats getting sick.
Dono

Old 12-03-2003, 10:27 AM
Jimmy Dean
Postmaster
I got my shot but am sick, no fever...but I have been pretty down and out the last few days, guy at work gave me some thing to drink yesterday, oh man felt like I was plastered, but it got rid of the ailments for a few hours at least.

Hope you feel better, I just caught a cold...

Old 12-03-2003, 10:30 AM
dcexplorer
Senior User
Originally posted by dono
Sorry to hear that - Hope you're better soon. I get a Flu shot every October and have never had the Flu. It is less than $20 and beats getting sick.
Dono
My doctor told me that this year's flu shot does not handle the strain that most people on the East Coast have right now.

I'm really worried about the Colorado flu strain -- it's already killed six kids. Several kids came down with it on a Friday and were dead on Monday.

Old 12-03-2003, 10:35 AM
Jimmy Dean
Postmaster
I jsut heard abot it on Fox, yeah real bad....they said it happens about every 30 years or so and we are overdue for antoher deadly strain.

Old 12-03-2003, 10:45 AM
Mean1967
Junior User
I'm here in Colorado, people are keeping there kids home from school on lockdown! I' ve had the flu shot 3 times, each time I ended up in the hospital with an insane fever. I'd rather take my chances getting it from somewhere else.

Old 12-03-2003, 07:32 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 57 Likes on 30 Posts
We have lost one to the flu here in NM already

Old 12-03-2003, 08:52 PM
dcexplorer
Senior User
Originally posted by Tim Lamkin
We have lost one to the flu here in NM already
That's awful. My kids are finally sleeping after a rough day of fever, chills, and coughing.

Old 12-03-2003, 09:35 PM
bronco351
Posting Guru
That;s weird I never heard of anyone dieing from a FLU? hope you get better.

I will probably catch a cold in a week. Every year I always get sick in December. It really bites.

Old 12-03-2003, 09:47 PM
byronbgs
Tuned
Yea, back in the old days, 75-100 years ago, people would die from the flu. They had no way of controlling the fever.

I am going to stay home another day form work. It's rough being sick.

Old 12-03-2003, 10:01 PM
bronco351
Posting Guru
Originally posted by byronbgs

I am going to stay home another day form work. It's rough being sick.
I think that is the only good part about being sick. You get a day off work!!

Old 12-03-2003, 11:27 PM
carpe_diem
Fleet Mechanic
Received 35 Likes on 35 Posts
Man, I got the same thing last week. Was sick as a dog. It was so bad, I could not get warm even with heater turned all the way up. Barely made it to the bathroom. Awful. My head spinning. I haven't gotten this sick in years.

Good thing is, I got over it in about 1 day. Next day, was much better and in 2 days - gone completely.

Old 12-03-2003, 11:39 PM
dcexplorer
Senior User
Originally posted by carpe_diem
Man, I got the same thing last week. Was sick as a dog. It was so bad, I could not get warm even with heater turned all the way up. Barely made it to the bathroom. Awful. My head spinning. I haven't gotten this sick in years.
I know the feeling. I had full-on hallucinations last night. According to my mom who was visiting us for three days, I was yelling, "I'm ruined, I'm ruined!" while I soaked my shirt with sweat. I was seeing small objects lined up in rows, usually 10x10 or 9x12, and I could deal with it when there were only 2 or 4, but when they formed these huge patterns, it freaked me right out.

Old 12-03-2003, 11:43 PM
modru2004
Elder User
hmm i had teh flu already, it was an odd case though. this was a few weeks back. woke up on monday morning felt kinda funky, got a headache and i was just feeling like crud. go to school and i just start getting worse and worse, i get a fever and it just gets worse and worse. i bail out at lunch and stay home. before i had bailed out i had a friend who was getting sick same day, just his symptoms were an hour later than mine. he went home around 6th period. well got home and i just went to bed. that was a miserable day. didn't even have a thermameter to see what my temp was...........ill tell you how it felt though, it felt like i was on fire, well can't say that literally cause ive never been on fire, but i was burning up ill tell you that much. even threw up when i tried to eat. get up the next day and go to the school, symptoms for the rest of the week are just like a common cold! how odd is that.
a half day flu that turns into a cold, thats bizzare. my friend was out for the rest of the week! and i started out worse then him! other people continued to get sick until thanksgiving holidays when the trend had a chance to die off. now that ive got that over with just got to worry about the cold, those bug the heck out of me. my nose turns into niagra falls.

Old 12-04-2003, 07:45 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 57 Likes on 30 Posts
This stuff is HIGHLY contagious
Wash your hands a bunch

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: This flu is killing me