2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Factory Seat Changes on F150 4x4 Lariat?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2003, 09:10 AM
HoustonPerson
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Factory Seat Changes on F150 4x4 Lariat?

Production Line and Seat Changes?

Does anyone know or can they found out, if Ford is planning to change the Seat design on the “F150 4x4 SuperCrew Lariat”, within say the next 3 months or so?

For me I find the new seats uncomfortable. The firmness is ok; but the total lack of “contouring” both the seat cushion and back, seems to want to make you just roll off the chair. And I think you would if it were not for the seat belts. The lack of “dual power recliners” makes that situation even worse, virtually impossible to get a comfortable position. The seat cushion seems to have a “high” center, and the seat back seems to have excessive “lumbar” even with the **** dialed to zero.

In comparison, the latest release of the Chev LT dual 10-way powers that have just come out in the last 4 months, are far more comfortable, and still firm! I think Chev has taken the chair platform and cushioning material directly out of the Cadillac Seville.

By the way, the rest of the new F150 is light years ahead of the competition, including the new Titan! This is the first Pick Up I have ever driven that drives almost like a real “sports sedan” excellent job Ford! Now just give us something “first class” to sit on!

Old 12-03-2003, 04:42 PM
aldridgec
Logistics Pro
Received 77 Likes on 62 Posts
I with ya!

Additionally, the bottom does not seem to tilt back enough. I drove several fords today, and some would have a high degree of adjustability for the bottom tilt, and others wouldn't move much, or they would tilt so far forward I don't know how anyone couldn't just slide off the front of the seat! Its almost like there is one person designing some of them and another (the good guy) designing the rest.