Tennessee Chapter Join Chapter Leader: harleymsn

Odometer after rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2003, 06:42 AM
joadmobile
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Odometer after rebuild

Greetings and salutations to Theo, Wolf, et al. Do any of you folks know what the legal procedure is in TN when you replace an odometer? I'm thinking ahead in the Joadmobile and the stock gauges are going out for one of those F600 panels. How do I let the state know that I have completely rebuilt a truck and that it has a new odometer?

Wolf, I lived in Memphis for 8 months in 1996-7. Suffice it to say that it was the worst 8 months of my life. On my second weekend there, someone shot out the rear window in my car, and I don't mean with a pellet rifle! And I was living in Cordova! Any time you want to gripe about Memphis I am your man.

Old 12-03-2003, 06:07 PM
theologian
Postmaster
If you have a vehicle that is over 10 years old, it doesn't matter what the odometer says. If it is less than that, you are supposed to have a sticker stating the accurate mileage when the gauge was installed, and the date.. If your vehicle does not go to inspections, and you don't sell it, who would know? Just do not misrepresent it.

About Memphis. Every where in America I carry a gun.. In Memphis I ALWAYS carry two. One on my belt, and one under my arm. I draw the right hand weapon with my right hand, the left hand weapon with my left hand.. I can get 3 aimed shots off in 2 seconds, with either weapon. That is from holstered, to third shot, timed at a range.

Theo

Old 12-04-2003, 08:31 AM
joadmobile
Senior User
I lived in Memphis before I got my CCW permit. God knows I was more tense there than anywhere else I have ever been, NYC included. A woman that worked with me had her car stolen and used in a bank holdup and a drive-by shooting murder. I don't even want to vist that place again.

Nice job on the quick draw timing. That kind of skill has to be practiced a lot for it to be effective. I love it - a two gun triple-tap.

Thanks for the odometer info.

Old 12-11-2003, 03:06 AM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well, I don't exactly live in the city itself. In fact, my place is just barely over the county line in Tipton a few miles off of highway 51.

A tiny little place called Drummonds. If you blink, you'll miss the country store and post office and likely never notice there was some kind of a town there...

As a matter of fact, until last year the directions to my house included the words "turn off the paved road"...